Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Concentrate

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by rotteny, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Hey I have been looking into learning how to make some medical concentrate and I have pretty much have gotten the jist of it. But is there a more safe solvent then fucking rubbing alcohol or butane?

2. check out an ice water method. should be a few threads about it you can find.

3. I've used Everclear before. It's about 98% pure alcohol, get it at the liquor store.

pp69

4. #4 Storm Crow, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2010
    I also use Everclear for extracts, or making tinctures. :)

Old Hippie trick- when you have a mess of stems, dry them, blenderize them and put them in vodka. Let sit for a week or so, strain, evaporate the vodka (the higher the proof, the faster this goes - I used my big glass baking pan on top of the fridge and let it evaporate naturally), add the "sludge" to very dry, but weak cannabis.

Not the greatest flavor, but it does "kick it up a notch"- and back then, it was all about the "high". :smoking: Didn't really know about the medical benefits, beyond my migraine's and Joey's being able to reduce his epilepsy meds. But everyone starts their education somewhere! If you haven't already, try clicking that first link in my sig- it's a good place to start your own MMJ education!

Cannabis is really amazing stuff! Educate yourself!

Granny :wave:

5. Are you talking about making tincture, or about making honey oil? Because the methods are vastly different...

6. Check the link in my signature on how to make a tincture