Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Concentrate

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by rotteny, Jun 26, 2010.

1. I have a bunch of root ball from an indoor grow that just got harvested, I heard you could make concentrates from those, does anyone know how to do that?

2. #2 Storm Crow, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
    It's quite simple, really- clean roots + good vodka + a few weeks in a dark place = root extract.

If you are expecting to get high, the vodka will be doing all the work. Cannabis roots do not have THC in them although they have other medicinal compounds. There isn't much in the way of info on cannabis roots, but here's one from 2008-

Characterization of Medicinal Properties of Cannabis sativa L. Roots
    Characterization of Medicinal Properties of Cannabis sativa L. Roots

and a thread-

Balm from canna roots (forum post - 2010)
    Balm from canna roots - GreenPassion.org - Dedicated to Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation and Education

I make a root extract to put into my home-made hand creams. It's supposed to help skin problems- my skin is just fine, but I simply hate to waste any part of my crop! lol

Granny :wave:

3. #3 Dr RealGood, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
    I doubt it man. There isn't any TCH in the roots.

Sorry many, I guess there is a concentrate you can make. I said no because I was assuming that you were looking for a concentrate that can get you high, for there is none of these. But if you are a medical marijuana patient looking for other properties and cannabinoids in the plant, then yes, soak it in liquor.

4. thanks!