Concentrate Utensils

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Prettylights10, Oct 14, 2013.

1. #1 Prettylights10, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
    Hey guys,

Looking to buy my first piece for dabs, but I also want it to be functional for bowls also. Any advice in a piece? I have around $100-300 to spend. Thanks for the help.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Since I started with flower, I owned a few waterpipes that I converted simply and cheaply.
    My 1st rig was a name brand simple perc bubbler. It had a 14mm joint and bowl. I bought a quartz banger and torch for $15 (Banger) and $40 (torch), and I was dabbing. Say $100 for my bubbler, so my total was like $155. Later added an enail for an additional $150 (including a titanium domeless nail) and later bought a recycler for dabbing. The problem in using the same rig for both is that unless you clean thoroughly, flower will make your concentrates taste bad.
    Good Luck.

3. Just a heads up, you are probably going to want to get a separate piece for flower and a separate for concentrates, one of the best parts of concentrates is how good they taste and the taste won't be nearly as good if you are smoking out of the same piece.

• Like Like x 1
  4. What these guys said, my dab rigs water can last like a week and still tastes good. I'm constantly changing my flower piece's water

Oh shit, 4 year old thread dug up lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ya OP last activity was one day after he posted this in 2013...
    :lmafoe:

I use the same piece for flowers and concentrates without an issue. Clean my piece in between the two with ISO and water. No lose in flavor...

I run a claim catch setup, so no lost reclaim. I change my water daily regardless.

6. That will work! I can go days with my dab rig...hours with the Bong, before cleaning!

7. Should be noted that I run a 10" HVY beaker. I certainly would advise running separate pieces if your flower piece was any bigger.