Concentrate Too Gooey/sticky...purge More?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by OneDayJD, Sep 22, 2014.

1. My latest pickup from my local guy is good as always. But it's too damn gooey. Like when I scrape off a dab with my pick it's so damn gooey and stringy it's hard to get a nice clean piece off. My question is will it be better if I purge it further on the mat in a 170 degree F oven? I purged my last batch like this and was pleased. But it wasn't nearly as sticky as this one. Just don't want to fuck it up. JimmyCarter? He always knows what's up. Thanks y'all.

2. You could leave it out for a day and allow it to 'cure', I dont have a vac purge so when I make budder I simply leave it out for a day or two and it turns from gooey golden goodness to this.
    Forgot the pic

Attached Files:

3. Nice brother thanks for the heads up. So you just leave it sitting out on the counter or something sitting on the parchment? I might give that a shot. I'd love to see what your stuff looked like before you left it out, just for curiosity sake. Cheers.

4. I might be able to get a picture for ya. And yeah wax paper is worth its weight in gold.

5. Sorry bud, only one I could find from a few months ago.

Attached Files:

6. Could just be the way it came out. Putting it in the oven at 170 would still be sap

7. Any pics op??

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

Thanks for chiming in, JC. I was wondering about that. So you're saying it may not change much if I purge it further, correct?

Yeah brother. Got some attached now. Meant to get em up earlier. Cheers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. #9 invinciblejets, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
    Yeah op that looks good not all strains shatter up that look primo tho I'd just enjoy rather then risk loosing taste👍

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

10. Sweet! Thanks brother. I think my local guy blasted it. And he just got a vac purge. Thanks for the advice!

11. If you were to purge it at those high temps, it wouldnt change its consistency. theres a possibility of it getting more stable but it would require low heat like 90-100F for many hours spread out thin on parchment

12. aren't you supposed to use parchment paper, not wax paper?

13. #13 CanadianOrganic, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
    What? Same thing?

Nevermind, you're right; just checked the box haha Not sure why I remember it as wax.