Computers

Discussion in 'General' started by plumface_2002, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Anyone else here into PC's? I just built my own, or rather am waiting for the parts in the mail. I got a amd 3000+ at 2.2gz 1768mb ram, geforce 6600gt with dvd burner and all that decked out shit. 5.1 80watt system. Im really fucking pissed though, because i found a 6800 ultra on ebay for only 150! the auction still has a day to go, but there at least 350 new so its a hella deal.

2. I used to build my own - not for a better machine, really, but for cash. I used to just buy every fw deal on componants I could find, and spend maybe $200 on a damn good computer, and sell a few at the beginning of every semester at college. Good money =)

I'm not a gamer (gave it up when BBSs disappeared, really) so I don't go for fancy video cards. I think I've got an old woot.com special in my box right now. I'm tempted to buy the current woot though - 256mb FX5700 - factory overclocked by BFG. 60 bucks is *much* more like my price range for a video card

3. you gotta love woot. I'd like a new video card, but I bought one for this computer in the spring.

I had my friend (who works at a computer store) build my computer a few years ago (with his incredible employee discount). It's a celeron 1.7 with an ati video card (better one now), only 512mb of ram and a 60 GB hd, but it still does everything I need it to do. But then the only games I really play on my pc are warcraft3, quake 3, and diablo 2

4. ^
    woot.com is the shit...

here's pic of the inside of my computer... the specs are in my gallery

Attached Files:

5. How dificult and time consuming is it to put on of those woot video cards in? I've been thinking about getting one for awhile now but haven't done it because I can't be bothered to fuck with the pc longer than a couple hours and I don't feel like takin it all apart and putting it all back together.

6. you building a system nearly idetical to my specs, though id looks into getting only 2sticks of ram so you can run dual channel(ie no 1.5gb, either 1gb or 2)also try to go for PCI-e agp is dieing sadly,and im assuming the 5.1 are the logitech X-530 which is $50 5.1,cheap but there very good for the price

this is my baby,pic is from febuary [​IMG]

and box car,seriously newer video cards(escpecially nvidia)could send retail pcs unstable because the powersupply cant put out the amperage the card needs,but this is a concern with 6800 and 7800 GT/GTX/ultra cards

7. Yeah I like to PC game. Much better than console gaming

Heres my specs, It aint the greatest, but It does pretty good on the newer games.

[​IMG]
    My Case but, mine is silver.

8. what did ya pay,im suspicious you may have gotten jipped on the motherboard,foxconn doesnt have very good rep

9. 1,128 , To be all assembled , and OS Installed , Plus Shipping.

I know I could have gotten it much cheaper If I would have put it together myself... But I don't care.

10. My computer isnt to bad. 2.2Ghz, 512 RDRam, 60 Gig Hard Drive, Radeon 9800 Pro. Sad thing, it dont work. I think I gotta reinstall windows on it. I miss gameing on that rig.

Im currently using my laptop. Just a Dell Inspiron 1200.

Eventually, im looking to get a new pc. Gonna save up, cause I would like to get close to, if not, top of the line.

11. Yeah i am.

Specs:

AMD 3000+
    1 gig corsair ram
    Radeon 9700 ( a little out dated but whatever im broke)
    Shitty Cd-R ( my dvd drive died out of no where)
    And a Apsire case.

Once i find another job and get settled in and all that i will probably bulid a new desktop PC or buy a labtop.

12. I hate computers with a passion. Mine keeps costing me more and more money. All I want it to do is instant message and print papers, it can't even do that right.

13. mines like an amd xp pro 3200+ 512mb ram, geforce fx 5500 256mb card, i dont know the rest doesnt really matter

14. amazes me to see the dominance of AMD processors in most of your computers

15. ^ they're cheap :smoke:

16. that they are =)

17. And they are better than Pent's for gaming.

18. Say I was gonna completely build somethin like what you guys are running. How hard are they to put together, gettin running right and how much does it end up costing in the long run.

19. i built my computer with then top of the line components for around 1500... it's not terribly difficult, i learned through a friend, but there are plenty of online tutorials that go step by step what you'll need and how to do it... the hardest part is first planning all your parts and making sure they're compatable, and the rest practically snaps togeather...