computers and 420

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by fuzzbuzz, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Hey....

I'm a serious computer/electronics guy (programming/hacking/cracking etc). I also like 420. I was wondering if there are other people with this combination of interests. It seems there aren't that many. Anyone here like that? (if you're in or around the South Jersey area, I wanna meet you!)

2. what up dude.. i used to do programming and hacking in high school, but never planned to go far with it.. also started blazing about couple years ago. I'm right there with you, there's not too many people into both things. But I love gaming, tweaking, overclocking you name it. Built my rig about 3 years ago for about $900 anddd I'm in eastern mass.

3. Yea, I'm in the same boat. I'm a computer science major. Graduating in May. Applied to and hopefully going to grad school next year. But yea, I love computers and am damn good with them. But I don't really identify much with those in my major. I practically have no computer science/geek friends. I much more identify with the 420 subculture.

Most of my friends jokingly make fun of me. But it's all fun and games. They know I got a good head on my shoulder. And besides, if they ever have a computer problem, they always run to me.

4. haha I hear that.. My friends would use 'geek' as the last thing to describe me, even though it doesn't offend me. Everyone's a geek at their own thing, you could say grasscity is a bunch of weed geeks :). I'm the type to party and play sports, i just know a thing or two about computers. and yes, they do come running every time something doesn't work or they got another pr0n virus hahah

5. I'm a geek in disguise as a stoner.

Got me through life :p

6. I'm a computer science major with a netowrking emphasis and I'm high, do I qualify?

7. I love rebiulding computers from waste parts, (but perfectly servicable) that I find into SETI@Home machines, am on a constant upgrade cycle on my primary desktop, and run a filtered wireless network out of my apt for my neighbors to use up bandwith that I'm not activly using at the time. I spend most of the day surfing the internet.

I also like a good toke during the evenings. :)

8. Seems like quite a few of us share similar interests :). I'm pretty big into computers, always building them/taking them apart. Majoring in management information systems, hope to do IT work someday.

Nice to see other tech-interested people on here!

9. Here as well. I dabble in everything as far as a computer goes, I am proficient in a few things; web development, graphic design, and Wolfenstein 3D.

10. I've dabbled in programming. Only in BASIC though, and I definately smoke weed ;)
    I don't find the two go hand in hand though.
    Oh yeah, I'm quite interested in web and graphic design. In fact I used to design websites for a job. Graphic design and weed however... :)

11. #11 menozcm, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2010
    hey im a cs major i love computers and smoking just finished building my current gaming/everything else pc for now i cant go much more than a few moths before tinkering with it my last pc i built lasted about a year before i completely replaced it

Best stash hiding spot

12. I love the stash spot man, but i'll one up you with easier access :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't ever have to turn off my computer which is bomb, it slides in and out. Now I just gotta switch the white and black face plates so it blends in!!:hello:

13. Nice!

I have an empty slot and an old IDE DVD drive.

I know what I'm doing tomorrow night...

14. I just tore apart another old one I had only it's all black, which is essentially what I want. I just used glue and stuck the sliding tray front to the face plate itself so it's one full piece, pops on and off :D. My parents never come in my room, but I'm headed back to school this weekend so having a stash spot in a dorm room when they do routine checks is huge relief.

15. OMG! This almost makes me want to buy a new computer....

Damnit laptops!!!

16. i dont have to turn off mine either i just take my side panel off and pull it out
    tool less drive bays ftw

17. if u want to do it right you need to build one

much better quality

18. this.

By building one you appreciate it a lot more, can customize it however you like, have a greater range of upgrading in the future.

Tool less drive bays are pretty win.

19. well i love computers.....but im not to technical when it comes to hacking and programming...o yeah...i like weed also...