computer rule

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Zylark, Jun 3, 2003.

?

will we let machines rule the world

1. nope, never

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. yes and no. they do everyday stuff, we supervise

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. yup, machines are just *so* more effective than politicians

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

1. Haha!!! LMFAO how did you nail both hands to the floor?

2. ;)

with difficulty.

it was worth it though to make sure no one would mistake me for someone raising thier hands thinking that automated terminator style HKs was a good idea.

3. i think humans now rely on techology and seperating tech from knowledge seems right to me and without technology humankind would cease to exist... anyway...

humans WILL use robots for slave labour, but a slave needs to understand commands so programming "knowledge" will be necessary, as soon as knowledge exists in a robots mind they will be able to think for themselves and revolt... bye bye humans :) who is to say robots will not create better robots capable of destroying us ??? (yes i have just seen the animatrix, but it does give a good insight into humans)

as for nanobots... eep, they could be inhaled and made to attack vital systems in teh body and what could be presice enough to create nanobots... you guessed it ROBOTS.

we are doomered :(

4. this is a bit defeatist. but what if we do not create sentient computers. only machines that are pre-programmed to kill, like the current research going on. they won't be sentient or culture bearing. only set on disposing of (living) threats in a very efficient method?

that won't be evolution, but suicide. it's a bit terminator, but at least those machines got a purpose to their offhanded slaughter of humans. what i'm saying is, there *have* to be a logical reason for machines to dispose of humans before they do. anything else is not rational.

[if machine intelligence can be considered evolution, which it can, given certain prerequisites. hmm]