Computer Question

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by FuglyFungus, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Alright, basically my sound works for Windows media player and limewire, but it doesn't work for anything through my internet browser like youtube. I have windows xp. Anyone know why? Thanks.

2. Media Player Playes wave , mp3, avii, files etc......when watching u tube, you are actually streaming....if u can see the video u have the right default player, try turning up the volume control on the actuall video. if that doesn't work....see if your default player has an upgrade by gouing 2 that website

3. You probably need to update your sound drivers, or get the right codecs..

4. Sigh, nothings working. Thanks for your help though.

5. You should try downloading firefox...you probably have the sound somehow disabled in your browser.

6. Thats what I always use, just tried on internet explorer and still didn't work. The sound for this stuff works on other "user names" on my computer just not mine and I'm the "Master account". Man this is pissing me off. Anyone else have a suggestion?

7. I had that problem too, never was able to fix it. I ended up buying a different computer that works better.

8. Basically it sounds like your application (in this case Firefox) don't get contact with the audio driver on your system. If this is the case, uninstall your audio drivers and web-browser. Shut down the system, reboot, install audiodrivers again (preferably the newest you can find from the manufacturer web-site. Download these before you do anything else BTW). Then reboot again. Check that sound is working in various mediaplayers. Then reinstall newest version of Firefox, and go hunting for all those plug-ins (Flash, Java etc) and install these to your Firefox browser.

It just might be you don't need to bother about uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox, but I'd do it anyways.

edit: Remember to back up your bookmarks...