Computer Problem Help!

Discussion in 'General' started by Pelvis, Sep 13, 2007.

1. What's up guys? Anyway I try getting on my computer today, which is Windows XP by the way, and it says that it cannot load profile due to insufficent security access or something, then it says it's logging me on to a temporary profile and everything I had saved on the computer is gone. Does anyone know how I can fix this or at least get my stuff back? Thanks!

2. Start your computer in safe mode. Then go into the "users" part of the control panel and see if anything seems off there.

In order to do safe mode, I think you press f8 while its booting. It can be a number of things depending on the brand of computer. Try a google search for it and you should be alright.

Logging into it as safe mode should bypass any security isssues.

3. How to start windows in safe mode: http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml

Do what blaze said. To add onto that, the key is F8 for all brands of computers- as long as they are running windows XP.

What differs is the BIOS key. I've seen Esc, F buttons, Del, even Ctrl+Alt (I think it was an older ASUS model). You dont need to worry about the bios though.

4. Yeah thanks alpha, little busy/lazy at the moment haha.

5. Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it. I started the computer in safe mode like you said and it looked like it was going fine then some message pops when i try to log on that says something like "Initiative I/O failed unrecoverably and windows could not write or flush it out" Does that just mean my computers fucked permanantly

6. Hmmm, If you still have your windows xp disk, I would highly recommend reinstalling it. Sounds like something fucked up with your operating system.

when does it give the message exactly?

7. you know when you start the computer and can choose which user to log on to. It gives message while loading the user you choose.

8. Yeah man, definitly an operating system problem, maybe hard drive.

I'd reinstall windows xp and see how that goes.

9. Alright thanks man I guess I'll do that. Sucks that I lost all taht stuff though.

10. Nah dude. You should be able to keep all your stuff.

It just doesnt show because its probably logging you on as a guest.

I wouldnt sweat it