Computer Help

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by ChickenJewel, Jan 5, 2014.

1. #1 ChickenJewel, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
    So recently by computer has been failing with the bsod and I cannot fix. Everytime when starting the only options I get are start up repair (infinite loop) or start windows normally = bsod Sadly no safe mode option, otherwise I would have had this fixed by now. The error starts with the start up repair failing and giving the error code 0x490 where something is wrong and you go into an infinite loop of booting up. The only reason I don't just wipe my computer and start over is because of 3 certain folders I care about :Downloads (free photo shop cs2, 90gb movie folder) My Pictures (years of family pictures and shit) SteamApps (all the steam games I have installed - 100+ gbs) So I have tried all my options I can think of which are: Hit f-12 to enter boot menu, then Enter Setup = black screen of death but no restart, I let it go for 15 minutes before I restart the computer to try other methods. Start up repair = failed System restore = FailedSystem image recovery = N/AWindows Memory Diagnostic = failed Command Prompt = failed after several attempts. So in cmd what I have been trying to do is fix it with:/scannow = can't be used Chkdsk = no problems found in all drives Xcopy = access denied when trying to copy every file Copy = failed Bootrec.Exe/fixmbr = successful but didn't fix problem Bootrec.Exe/fixboot = successful didn't fix problem Bootrec.Exe/scanOs = no window installations found Bootrec.Exe/rebuildbcd = no window installations found Also I have now made a bootable USB stick and put Linux on it but I will still get the bsod when trying to boot through the USB stick. My next step right now is downloading the ultimate boot cd and if that fails well I hope you guys come up with something. Edit : my brother found a command in cmd to copy my hard drive (C) to my 4tb external hard drive (D). So in a few hours I'll update you all.

2. Wow over 600 views and no response... Anyways I managed to solve the problem with my brothers help and other forum buddies btw. Happy Toking Sent from the SGS3 within the hippie circle!

3. [quote name="ChickenJewel" post="19284024" timestamp="1388923465"]Wow over 600 views and no response... Anyways I managed to solve the problem with my brothers help and other forum buddies btw. Happy Toking Sent from the SGS3 within the hippie circle![/quote]You probably woulda had some help in silicon valley subforum. Youd already used a bunch of commands im not even aware of lol. Glad you fixed it.

4. #5 ChickenJewel, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
    [quote name="Xxitslethal" post="19284317" timestamp="1388931576"]You probably woulda had some help in silicon valley subforum. Youd already used a bunch of commands im not even aware of lol. Glad you fixed it.[/quote]Is that a sub forum on here at GC? Yea I googled so much trying to fix it and that's what I found haha. Yea I am pretty glad as well, it's so much faster to now. Edit : I found it, never knew about it before so thank you! Sent from the SGS3 within the hippie circle!

5. Ahhh back-up those pictures!! I hate losing those so much!

6. Yea I would have been pissed but all is well and everything is perfect. I can run so far any game on max quality on 2 monitors at same time with no lag. I have it set to duplicate desktop. One is a 27inch BenQ monitor, the other is a 42inch LG TvSent from the SGS3 within the hippie circle!