Computer fans?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 3lpablo, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Hi guys I've just pulled 3 fans from an old computer [​IMG][​IMG] I have a small stealth box that hasn't been to stealth due to fan noise [​IMG] I have a 4" hole top and bottom [​IMG] and up until now I have been just using 1 or 2 fans to move air inside [​IMG] leading to high humidity and high temps poor ventilation anyway I was thinking of using the larger fan over the hole at the top to suck air out and just hanging the 2 small fans inside so they spin sort of thing. Would this improve my airflow and most importantly reduce noise !!! It's in my shed and all I hear is the fan all night and my neighbours mite also hear it thanks guys and tips appreciated also am I better wireing all 3 fans to 1 plug ???

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Humidity usually around 60-80% not 31% in pic

3. Use 2 fans pulling hot air out of the top and one fan blowing in . If that don't work add a passive intake
    what are you using for a light ?

• Like Like x 2
  4. 200watt CFL bulb for veg then 300watt CFL for flower

5. Just stack them?? Didn't think of that [​IMG]

6. I ended up using big one as air out 2 small vent the bigger

7. what ?
    ..... I don't think you can keep that small space cooled when you are running 200 watts of power
    the light is too big for the space

8. Sorry I used the larger one to vent out and the 2 smaller ones stacked as in ( I thought the bigger was more powerful than the 2 combined) but I think I was wrong so mite swap them tomorro

9. I've had not fans in or out for the last 5 weeks just the hope at top and bottom and a fan inside pointed at plant , CFL doesn't give that much heat

10. And it's in a shed so temps sent warm outside

11. Way better to run fans in their own hole than to stack them on top of each other. Have you ever seen that in any commercially built device? Because it doesn't work very well. Can you make room for your cabinet in your house?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nah I was thinking mission impossible when he dropped through the fans lol, nah gotta b in she's in process of building new shed gunna insulate and seal tomorro and hopefully move her in , would the 2 small fans venting out and the larger one just moving air around inside work?

13. You have three inches of hard plastic

14. Just checked her hour before lights on and temp was 60 and humidity 70% fml

15. Ok so just moved my set up into the new shed [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] ended up using the 2 small fans 1 as extraction and one on the plant but humidity is still really high

16. #18 AlexWilliams, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    It's the best decision to move it to a new shed, and yeah, the two small fans worked great. I recently switched the ventilator because it was already old and it was making too much noise and I also got a new free registry repair because the old one wasn't doing almost anything. As for me, our light might be a little big for the space but if you can make it work, then it's great. Overall it looks great and I might get some inspiration from you to reorganize mine, so thanks for sharing.