Computer fans and carbon filter

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HelloLadies, Nov 1, 2010.

1. #1 HelloLadies, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2010
    I was reading a thread on computer fans and someone said that they were unable to pull through carbon filters. Is this true, and if so what would be the quietest fan that is able to?

Edit: The grow box I'm using is pretty small (14" wide and deep, 18" tall) so are there any filters that work as good as carbon but can be pulled through with a computer fan? I've heard of using dryer sheets, but I'm not sure how effective it would be.

Editt:
    Nevermind I got it figured out.

For future refrence a pc fan can be used with a carbon filter/scrubber as long as the filter isn't very big and the fan has a high static pressure.

Example of fan with high static pressure/airflow: Arctic Cooling

Purchase link ($12US including tax/shipping): http://www.quietpc.com/gb-en-gbp/products/arcticcoolingfans/ac-arctic-f12

2. The typical pc fan is usually 80mm and 120mm (diameter sizes).

You should post a pic + dimensions of your box.

Anyways, if you don't want to use a carbon scrubber, you can even try an ONA block or go to your hardware store and get those Odor Neutralizing blocks. They look like a tub of vaseline but the wax is solid. You just put it next to your exhaust fan.

You don't want something that just masks the odor like a glade plugin but something similar to febreeze which actually breaks down the odor specially during flowering.

3. Thanks for the recommendations.

I would still like to use a carbon filter if I can, but I'm just not sure if computer fans could pull through it.

Oh and the box is 14" wide and deep, 18" tall. No pics yet still building it.

4. #4 HelloLadies, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2010