computer fan?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ace7644, Jun 11, 2005.

1. yo i was just wondering how you get power to the computer fans that people get for their grow boxes. since all the fans ive seen so far just plug into the compter i was wondering if they sold comp fans that plug directly into the was socket

2. Doubtfully, You may be able to get an old pc powersupply though as use that to power you PC fans. Then yould be able to have multiple fan to work with. Otherwise you may have a voltage problem.

3. so then how do all you guys that use computer fans actually power your fan?

4. they sell adapters at radioshack but the cheapest way is to just look around ur house for cell phone or other chargers, there should be a label on it ur looking for an ac to dc power adapter then splice wire and attach to fan

5. ]

6. we use a 230>12v DC power supply with switchable voltages,enabling reduction of the speed of the fans.

the more fans u have on the supply, the slower each will go.

7. hi all. i currently use a computer fan in my closet and the way i did it is get a standard nokia charger(probley same as other makes) and cut the bit that goes into phone and split the two wires. then get the fan. mine has a black and a red wire but it may varey. then jus simply attach the two wires to the phone charger wires tape up with sum electritions tape and hay presto!:D
    hope it works!

8. YO! I use a small 4" fan that plugs right into the wall. it's called a whisper fan, just search it on ebay i'm sure you will find 1. they are just as sillent as a computer fan but move ALOT more air. hope this helps. good luck

9. thats an extremely incorrect statement,when wired in series the overall voltage must be higher to maintain speed,however when wires in parrerel the voltage stays at 12v but instead extra amps would be used(not whole amps though,but there are some high preformence pc fans that sound like a leaf blower and will suck 2amps)

pc fans take 12volts,there are cheap powersupplys that will have no trouble powering them

if you dont want to buy a cheapo powersupply(cmon this costs $13 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817182001

you can head to radio shack and ask for a 12v powersupply with the highest mA rateing

10. I actually use the power supply from the computer and i can run multiple fans one for in and one for out air :)

11. haha howd this get dug up, i posted this like over 4 years ago. but for the record i never did the computer fan thing and havent grown since back then.

12. Howdy, you can get a 120mm, 120 volt fan from Altex electronics. I've got one in my rubbermaid and it rocks. The also have a male plug to hook up to it for another $4 just plug it into your regular electric outlet. 120mm Aluminum Cooling Fan - 120VAC : FAN-115A

13. get a small 9v battery adapter and hook up the wires, it works for a good while and you dont have to worry about wiring it anymore past that, just changing the battery

hell tape it to the side and stick it where ever you feel like

14. So whats the best method? Finding a AC adapter?