Computer Code Found in String Theory Equations

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by HookedonPhonics, Mar 23, 2012.

1. [quote name='"HookedonPhonics"']

How is pi a random number generator? It's a constant of nature. It's the ratio of the length of the circumference divided by the diameter of a circle and occurs everywhere in mathematics. Lambert proved it could not be represented as a fraction and then Lindemann proved it was transcendental.

and of course E=MC^2 can be represented through just numbers... Energy can be grated as a number, mass can be grafted by a number and so can the speed of light. We use algebra as a means of assigning constants to variables but that doesn't mean that fundamentally they aren't just numbers (Our rendition of them).

We might have invented mathematics as a means to represent data into a universal language but that doesn't mean that the proofs it represents aren't a part of reality. Another intelligent organism might represent integration in a different language but if we were to translate it into our branch of mathematics the answers would be the same. A change in a curve is a change in a curve universally, not just because we have decided it.

Well of course it wasn't written in computer language, but the algorithm that was returned through the equation (As we represent it in mathematics, though i don't understand why you keep highlighting this issue) was the same algorithm used for the foundation of the code.[/quote]

I dont even understand what you two are argueing about lol.

If something happens, it will cause something else to happen. It will be equal an oposits in order to balance itself out.

The universe therefore is an equation that = 0.

Of coarse math can represent everything. And if coarse there are computer codes in nature. Where do you think we got them from?

Why the first thing happened we may never know, but everything else is just the universe trying to balance

2. How can the universe = 0?... Lost me there buddy

3. . So, bearing that in mind you can understand that it's not a constant of nature per se, it's the result of a measurement. Things aren't created in nature using the mathematical description of Pi, they can be measured using Pi.

You do know what Lindemann meant when he said that Pi was 'transcendental'? It doesn't have the same meaning as within spirituality, have you been told that the two were the same?

"..Though only a few classes of transcendental numbers are known (in part, because it can be extremely difficult to show that a given number is transcendental), transcendental numbers are not rare. Indeed, almost all real and complex numbers are transcendental, since the algebraic numbers are countable while the sets of real and complex numbers are uncountable..."

Try it. The result has to contain infinite variables that can't be represented solely numerically, you have to use signs and letters, it's impossible to do otherwise. Pi can not contain all the information in the Universe because its a string of just digits.

Of course, but that isn't the issue. What we're disputing is to whether or not that language is purposeful, that is was placed there.

We could look at the math of the periodic table and see its elegance, but to assume that it cold only have that elegance if it were placed there would be wrong.

The inference has been that this was a kind of self-checking code/math intentionally written into reality. But we created that code in trying to talk about and quantify a natural effect in QM. Randomness and chaos first, man-made 'code' second. Just because a natural effect can be encoded mathematically doesn't give it any special status, particularly when we have created that encoding.

MelT

4. :) We're arguing about semantics. If words are used incorrectly and emotively then they can give the impression that the universe contains computer codes that were placed there by a creator.

MelT

5. Yes i do understand the difference between the spiritual interpretation and the mathematical. I don't see where i suggested that i didn't. I also understand that pi is a measurement of nature, but it is a constant that arises from several measurements and is needed to conclude many.

Well, we use signs and variables to represent infinity, but considering that Pi is infinitely long, it will contain the representation an infinite amount of times. This is the nature of infinity. I would also argue that the result set would contain variables that aren't infinite in the irregular sense as pi is.

Wait....wut :confused: i am in no way arguing that the language used to represent mathematics by us or any other lifeforms was placed here. I don't see where i suggested that, or that i believe that.

Nobody is saying that the stand alone algorithm is particularly impressive (although i actually think it is). I was saying that a code used for checksum to arise from string theory equations (as an algorithm) without any explicit requirement from the mathematicians studying it, was what was so amazing. I don't see how this is hard?

6. I really don't believe this though, or intend to suggest it. I apologise to anyone if this was the impression i gave.

7. Then there's no need to discuss this further. My apologies.:)

MelT

8. I was enjoying the discussion on infinity and pi however, i study mathematics and Computer science, thus i have always been fascinated with constants.

9. If the universe is merely a fractal, then it doesn't really surprise me...

I didn't watch the video but in what way is "computer code" found within string theory?

Recurring algorithms? Conditional statements? Memory?

All of this is found in other aspects of nature, and is nothing really new.

10. isn't really a 1 and 0 at the same time. both sides of the line of symmetry all at once. like the crest and trough of a wave function canceling itself out.

11. Zero technically doesn't exist in nature. We invented it to represent the notion of nothingness.

12. [quote name='"HookedonPhonics"']How can the universe = 0?... Lost me there buddy[/quote]

Because only nothing can be perfectly balanced. There for when the first thing happened everything after can be represention as an equation trying to make tje universe equal zero again

13. But like i have said 0 isn't perfectly balanced at all. It is a representation. I don't believe the universe was or ever will be a value of zero in all aspects.

14. If you ask me, nothing would be inherently unstable. ;)

If you look at the universe as a series of events, each action would add complication and bias, thus the reaction would tend to be a correction. If I bump something, it tends to, "bump back." If you push a button, it, "pushes back." If everything was kicked off by a, "big bang," let's say a +1, wouldn't the reaction be -1? Then another action of +1, then another reaction of -1? Is that your basic view?

Rather than the universe really being zero, maybe the 0 is supposed to represent, for instance,

+1-1=0 or
    -1+1=0 or even
    241-242+1=0

For all matter, there is anti matter. For every action, there is a reaction. For every +1, there is a -1.
    Maybe the whole universe is an ever self-correcting equation trying to reach zero, again, in the sense that it's trying to disperse energy evenly throughout the universe because of the first action (Big Bang).

Idk, guys. I haven't smoke in a week, so I just had some pretty crazy thoughts about the universe and it's simplicity vs it's complications. I believe the whole universe and every action/energy transfer can be expressed as an equation, but Idk about that number being in Pi.
    :p

15. "Maybe the whole universe is an ever self-correcting equation trying to reach zero, again, in the sense that it's trying to disperse energy evenly throughout the universe because of the first action (Big Bang).
    a self contained vortex?"

Toroidal Space

don't really care what the pages says, i was only grabbing for the pictures and animations.

16. i dont understand string theory anyway so this is just even more confusing.

17. What don't you understand about it?

18. The string part, is everything made out of strings? or vibrations, like waves. i dont understand that part, or maybe im just misinterpreting it. Idk could you explain it breifly or show me something that explains it really simply.

19. The standard model of physics interprets particles to be point-like with zero dimension at the most fundamental. String theory describes particles to be divided again past the smallest constituent that we are aware of (I.E quarks, electrons) into oscillating strings around the size of the plancks length, that vibrate at a frequency within 10 dimensions of spartial space (and one of time), too small for us to be aware of at our macrobiotic recognition. The strings' vibrations - or waveforms - determine the energy and mass of each of the particles (which standard model cannot account for) and can also describe the messenger particle; graviton, which would transport the gravity force - unifying general relativity and quantum mechanics, which few other theories have an answer for.