Computer Case Stealth Grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by sphinx13, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Is 30.5 x 9.5 x 20 inches a good enough size for a computer case stealth grow? and I'm talking about everything from germ to budding. I don't have anywhere for anything bigger, so this is really my only option.

2. Yes, that would be perfect.... where did you get a case that big?

3. Something that big is either a full tower case or a server case. Bloodrain your probably used to seeing the Dell computer cases or something similar. They only use mini-tower cases and as the name implies, their tiny in comparision to a real computer case.

Besides he ordered that wrong, it's probably 20 inches high by 9.5 inches wide by 30.5 inches deep.

Sphinx this is your first grow correct? I veg seedlings in an area 1 foot high but then straight to flower after they've been established. Once in flower they go through their stretch phase and then they slow/stop and bud. Stretch depends on the strain and pheno but mine are usually atleast 2 feet tall by the time they start budding and thats in 6" containers. Dont use anything smaller or you'll get more stem than bud. If you want to grow through in that I suggest you flower a bunch of seeds while their still in the 16oz party cups and then transfer a female when they show sex and let it grow from there. If you dont then you could go through all that trouble for a male. Anyway, your gonna have to LST and I hope your not planning on doing this with a couple CFLs. Anyway, good luck.

4. Hey Sphinx, here is a site that has a good Micro Grow section. They have lots and lots of PC Case grows, they even have a Club for PC case growers. Some guy grew and flowered in a case that was only 14" tall, 7" wide, and 15" long.

5. Nah it's 30.5 high by 20.5 deep by 9.5 wide: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Supermicro-...oryZ3669QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

6. Sorry for the double post, but should I get that case or one that is 26 high by 18 deep by 9 wide. It's ten dollars less, and I think the other case is a bit huge.