Compulsive Liars...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Kr0nik, Oct 21, 2010.

1. So im pretty much convinced my ex-girlfriend is a compulsive liar. Im not going to go into detail about why i think she is...because it is irrelavent. However, im still confused how can someone lie so much that they lie while trying to explain another lie. Is it a disorder or disease or something? Because i dont know, i feel if you cant keep yourself from lying how the fuck can anybody trust you. And living a life where your word virtually meaning nothing would be difficult.

2. all though we wouldnt be able to really answer ur specific question as a person who feels they are a compulsive liar it just kinda happens

with me, usually when im under a little bit of stress, or idk the answer i just speak before i really think about shit and then that starts a stampede of lies....

3. I knew a guy, this man would lie to you about anything there was in the world.

He would tell you his dick was green and mean it.

I think he believes the things he says?

4. They're out there. I've met so many. You can tell just by the way they talk.

5. what do u mean by that exactly

6. Man, i got so high, i like blacked out, and saw these like, stars and stuff.
    (example)

7. i took a hit off of 6 blunts at 1 time tonight

im super high also hahaaa:cool:

8. I have an uncle like this, well actually a drunkle, but thats another story. in his 56 years on this planet he has managed to do every single thing on earth, form an opinion on it, and do it another 5 times. gosh.

• Like Like x 1
  9. No one knows why liars lie, sure they give some cheesy emo quotes about it, but really, people have their own reasons denial? wants a change of reality? ashamed? many many things, I would just ignore her till she realizes what shes doing, or just call her out in front of alot of people.

10. i know a guy who is a compulsive liar, like he'll lie about dumb shit like saying he went to mcdonalds and he actually didn't. I don't know why, but he's hilarious to call out on his bs.

11. i dunno man most of the compulsive liars i've met are more like compulsive exaggerators that are just out for attention. but if you mean lying just for the sake of lying, and getting no real gain out of it, then i guess that could be considered a disorder. but if she's lying to gain, then they call that one "human", unfortunately :(

12. Dude! I know somebody exactly like this... and we call him out on it too! hahah, its like, what is the fuckin' point of wasting your breath just to lie to us about irrelevant shit.

13. I thought they called them weasels and cons and that we shouldn't condone their actions. :confused:

Just me I guess. :devious::smoke:

14. The reason i brought this is up is because my ex lied to me about lying to me...She cheated on me, then eventually started dating this guy she was cheating on me with. And before when i asked her why she didnt want to go out as much, she consistently told me she was busy with homework, or school, or w/e. She proceeded to tell me that it was because of drugs...She told me she didnt smoke anymore, right then and there...and it was news to me. Then she said that she didnt want to change who i was, she wanted to stay away from me because i smoked weed....I said to her, since when is smoking weed who you are...its what you do. Then she made up another excuse and i hung up.

If that wasnt too clear, its because i still dont know the truth...
    Fuck it. Lets smoke.:bongin:

15. #15 BetterDaze, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
    I use to be sorta like this when I was younger, still kinda am but I hate it and I've gotten pretty good at keeping it down to a bare minimum. Pathological liars can't help it. We hate it terribly, at least the one's who are aware of it are, I can promise you that.

"Even a pathological liar carries deep in his heart a desire for goodness and honesty and yet, because of painful emotional wounds, believes that the world never has, and never will, recognize his pain. And so, to hide that pain from himself, he uses all the lies he can concoct to hurl at the world as he runs in fear from his own goodness."

It's because of our insecurites and other emotional issues and ,I've never cheated, but I can absoulty see how a pathological liar can rationalize it. Take it easy on these people, I know it's extremely annoying and unapealing but some of us do it sub consciencly and don't even know we're doing it half the time. I don't consider myself to be a compulsive pathological liar anymore but I apologize to anyone who has been caused any harm by someone with this issue.

16. My ex was the same bro. She was ALWAYS lying, for no reason at all. Then she would forget about some lies and I would catch her. It was like a game for me. I knew when she was lying, and I loved to prove that she lied. Then she would just play dumb. I eventually broke up with her because I got tired of that shit, oh and she cheated on me 7 times. That also had something to do with it. But still, she was a compulsive liar.

17. After reading this post as well, I am starting to think we had the same ex...
    Live in Texas by any chance? :p

18. That makes sense, however i almost see it as an excuse. The way i see it alot of people have had rough pasts...not everyone is a pathological liar...my ex constantly told me about her past, and realistically it wasnt bad at all, its just that she exaggerated it to make it sound much worse. I honestly think she had an attention problem... that she needed to lie and exaggerate things to get attention from peers, and attention from just one person wasnt enough for her, hence the reason for her cheating on me. However she didnt want to get rid of me...causing her to lie about not cheating on me. So...idk it might be a messed up past or it might just be the standard attention whore.

Well, im from Chicago...and she told me she has lived in Chicago all her life, but then again that is what she SAID. :confused_2:

19. I got a friend just like this as well.... I don't understand it at all... he knows I'll call him on everything so he tries not to lie around me anymore hahah its just ridiculous

20. That's exactly what it is though, They have boring lives, so they lie to make themselves seem more intresting. They have no self worth or self esteem.