Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Comprehensive Guide to Smoking Using Various Paraphernalia

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by astrocheese, Nov 20, 2009.

1. You should pm RMJL and see if she will put this in the apprentice sticky, I don't really see anything major that the OP is missing here.
    Maybe you could link to the Official piece cleaning guide thread at the end if you'd like, but it's not exacty required.

2. Thanks for writing this guide, man. Really helped me out !

3. Good news to everyone who enjoyed this thread! It's now listed under the stickies in the "Guides for Apprentice Tokers" forum at the top of this forum. Thanks for all the great feedback!

4. sweet pipe! :smoking:

5. AMAZING post, definitley should be a sticky!

6. Great Post Man. You are awesome. I have smoked everything but hookahs and Gbongs and never understood a Gbong until now. The physics finally make perfect sense and I feel like a dumbass. Lol this will definitely help anyone else like me who might not be a beginner but haven't moved on to the big party shit yet. +rep thanks again man :bongin:

7. 1. Don't blow through the hose. Only inhale. If you exhale through the hose, it does the same thing as when you blow through a bong. Water comes out all the holes in the hookah...And it becomes a serious mess.

I dont believe this is true... Atleast not for all hookahs. Mine has a blow off valve which blows the air that you blow into the hookah out of a little hole opposite of the side of the hole for the hose. No water came out when I blew in.

8. nice post. didnt really need it but i found it intresting and pretty informative. sure could have used it last summer when i first picked up the blunt :devious:.

btw, SICK BOWL. i want one like that!

9. :wave:Hey GC, first time poster, long time reader
    Great guide! i have been smoking quite regularly for about 8 months now but havnt really had the opportunity to experience bongs or pipes, apart from one very scary night in thailand, but that is another story :smoking:
    Obviously my tolerences have increased a lot since i started and i find myself having to smoke a lot more joints than i used to, would buying a pipe perhaps be more weed-effiecent? is the high different at all?
    again- great guide!

10. Thank you very much, for this guide! As a relatively amatuer smoker, a lot of this information was very helpful and answered a lot of questions that I probably couldn't ask from Cha Cha! I'm gonna print out this guide for future reference. Best wishes to you and all your smoking adventures friend!

11. If you're looking for what some people would call a stronger high, I would definitely invest in a pipe. Not only is it more efficient in terms of how much you will need to smoke, but it's a step up in terms of purity of the high. I'm glad you like the guide :)

12. Thanks for reading, and I'm glad you like it. Happy toking :smoking:

13. Hey,

I'd like to think I'm a pretty seasoned smoker, having been an official stoner for about two years, and I just wanted to say that this guide is maaad helpful. I've got a bud who usually smokes with me, but has lots of questions that I can't always answer and this guide took care of some of the awkward situations we were running in to, with cleaning and ashing out. Keep it up!

Thanks man!

14. I suggest adding, on vaporizers with a hose, do not blow through, because this could result if lighting the thing on fire. Ive seen it happen.

15. A little trick I picked up for gravity bongs is to put a ping pong ball in the water so when you push the bottle down, it will block any water from coming up and getting in your mouth. I won't use gravs without it now.

16. Man, I have to say that this is a pretty groovy guide, I'll most likely use it a lot, since I am pretty new to this. I do have to say that I started out wrong, my first time I took a hit from a gravity bong. I cleared the whole sobe bottle, and 2 seconds later was coughing so much I couldn't stand. One hit from that monster and I was on the floor for minutes.

Oh, and where can you get the pill bottles?

17. Pill bottles are not the BEST for storage of your herb, but they are a lot better then bags where your bud can get crushed.
    It would be easier to just get a glass mason jar(the kind with a 2 part lid) which will contain 100% of smell and will not let it dry out anymore then it already has.
    You should check out Legend's complete guide to enjoying cannabis.
    Whatever you use, ALWAYS make sure all parts are clean and completly DRY.

18. For the gravity you should say something about making sure not to push the bottle down while the cap is on. I've seen a lot of people make that mistake.

19. Just wanted to say thanks for writing this guide! I already knew most of the information here, but I did learn some new things! Awesome guide for us newbies :).

20. Thanks a lot, and +rep. My first time using a bowl was a fail, so I'll keep the info in mind for next time :D