Composting Yarrow

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by PsykoticSKA, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Hello fellow blades! I recently procured a large amount(black trash bag full) of yarrow leaf. I have prepared the lacto culture via Gils method. I would like to know how to properly apply the culture and compost the yarrow. I am going to add other vegatation such as stinging nettle, comfrey, horetail, and alfalfa as they are easily sourced. I am very excited about producing my own compost, especially with all the great compost substrates I have at my fingertips!! I would appreciate any advice or direction, thank you all for your wisdom!! :D

2. [quote name='"PsykoticSKA"']Hello fellow blades! I recently procured a large amount(black trash bag full) of yarrow leaf. I have prepared the lacto culture via Gils method. I would like to know how to properly apply the culture and compost the yarrow. I am going to add other vegatation such as stinging nettle, comfrey, horetail, and alfalfa as they are easily sourced. I am very excited about producing my own compost, especially with all the great compost substrates I have at my fingertips!! I would appreciate any advice or direction, thank you all for your wisdom!! :D[/quote]

Take a look at some of the composting guides in my Gardening Books FTW thread, should set you up nicely.

Great start!! And with that you will be far ahead of most!!

Id suggest starting a worm bin as well, and fees your compost to it for a greater quality vermicompost!

Welcome and please read your ass off!!