Compost

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ChefsBuds, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Hey Friends,
    So I'm planning on raising a few plants in a couple months. I plan on using Fox Farm as a base. I work at a restaurant that has a small garden on the patio. We throw a lot of our vegetables scraps into an empty planter that has some plain soil in it. The compost has been going strong for a couple of months and is starting to look nice and rich. Somehow some worms managed to make their way in.
    What are your guys thoughts on using some of this in with the Fox. I don't know if this will effect my ladies in a negative way. I know compost is good for plants but I don't want to harm my plants. We don't put citrus or onions in there because I've heard they aren't good for the healthy bacteria in the soil.
    Let me know what you guys think about this. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. That's great soil. Better then any store bought soil. The fact that worms are in it some how makes it even better soil. But if you take that soil and start dumping bottled nutes into it you're just going to turn it into dead soil that you must keep giving nutes.

I would use that soil and keep it alive. Look into organic gardening or living soil. You feed your soil not your plants. The plants just thrive on living soil.