Compost tea foliar sprayers

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by J-dubb, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Hey everyone. I was wondering what everyone else uses to spray their finished teas onto their plants. I've only used spray bottles and those clog up real quickly so I'm not sure they are appropriate.

2. You can always get some fine mesh screen, 30 or so u/micron from ebay, fold and tie it into a 'bag' like shape, and filter your tea a bit better first... any small debris caught in the bag can then be mixed into your top soil, or discarded.

3. #3 LumperDawgz2, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2011
    One of these..........

[​IMG]

The Chapin 1949 Concrete Sprayer and Amazon.com has the best [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Chapin-Industrial-3-5-Gallon-Concrete-1949/dp/B00002N8O8"]price[/ame] @ $90.00

This is a professional sprayer and has a large opening in the delivery wand - about 1/8" so that you will not get any clogging until the material reaches the actual nozzle. Cleaning the nozzles is stupid easy - completely different from garden sprayers.

This unit comes with 2 nozzles - 1 GPM and a .5 GPM and the teas come out in a fan-shape and this will give you complete and total coverage. You can also purchase their Chapin 66000 Brass Adjustable Cone Nozzle at Amazon.com for $3.99 and it's a traditional adjustable nozzle like you've seen.

[​IMG]

These tanks are pressurized meaning that when you're done spraying and you remove the pump assembly you'll find that all of the material in the tank is gone - nada. Nothing. Empty.

Well worth the money on any number of levels.

HTH

LD

4. Would that nozzle fit a standard tank wand? I like the pump but one gallon is about what I would want, and the pumps hold 3.5......MIW

5. MIW

Chapin is a leading manufacturer of sprayers (since 1884 or something like that). Hudson is another brand to consider.

The Hudson 67215 Bugwiser Stainless Steel 1 Gallon Sprayer is the one that I used for a couple of years. It's available at Amazon.com as well as Walmart.com and while Walmart does not carry this in their stores they do offer it in their 'ship to store' program where you purchase it online and they ship it to the store of your choice for free.

These units cost about $45.00 and the tanks are made of stainless steel, the wands are 100% brass, i.e. no plastic.

They will clog but they're designed to make cleaning fairly easy.

[​IMG]

HTH

LD

6. Word...Been using these for years. Truly industrial strength. They are repairable, too. They have a yellow 2 gallon version I use for watering and spraying. It came with a plastic wand and nozzle/sprayer, it cost me $15 to upgrade to all brass wand and nozzle. Found a dented one at a concrete supply store for $15, plus the $15 upgrade to brass, and I was in business for cheap. :yay:
    The best sprayer I've ever used.