Compost Bin

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jordansb8, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Hey guys, i know us organic growers are pretty passionate about our growing techniques and i am asking you guys for a little information today. I going to set up a homemade compost system to support my mj plants and veggie garden depending on yield.here are my questions numbered so i dont rant.
    1.Sun shade does it matter?
    2.How much are animals going to be attracted to it.
    3.How do i go about building it for little to no costs, i have access to lumber and nails, what do i need for a diy?
    4.The most important question to me what to add to the compost that will benefit mj.
    5. Maintainece?

Have you looked at the "Backyard Composting" thread? You might find some information that will help you out in there.

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1241556-backyard-composting.html

GL

j

3. Shipping pallets are free...

4. #6 poacherjoe, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
     Go to ebay and search for rodales complete book of composting. I saw one for 4 bucks "used" but intact. S&H 3 bucks. It will answer all your questions !!! :gc_rocks:

5. HAHA, This is Sweet.  I am just starting my own pile, i have the ground preped and i bought a metal bucket for kitchen scraps.  

I will totally be following this topic closely. 

6. well im off to start my compost pile!!   iIm gonna start with trigs grass clipping(dried) kitchen scraps, and brown paper bags and newspaper.  wish me luck.  
    I heard you can wrap you kitchen scraps in newspaper as you put it into your pail or whatever you use.

7. Interesting seeing some add paper bags and newspapers, obviously for extra content not nutritional value I'm assuming.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. news paper and paper bag are full of carbon and are viable "brown" compostable items.