Completely new

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by StillBlazing123, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Hey guys, basically I've decided i want to start, and I am a aboslute beginner I've done some research into this, basically im looking to grow 1 maybe 2 plants, and get as much bud as i can but in a small area as i don't want anyone to notice, so basically can you tell me how much bud im realistically going to get and also what equipment i need to buy (soil, lights, etc)

I'm also going to get auto flowering seeds.

2. Man, I wish someone would've done this for me....better pay it forward man.....

Lighting: 1. 600 Watt Hps and MH Bulbs ($100, Hortilux Super Eye HPS - $130 Hortilux
    MH)
    2. 600 Watt Ballast (Digital, $200 - Magnetic, $140'ish)
    3. Reflective Hood, Air cooled
    4. T5 Light (4 Bulb) for cuttings/seedlings

Ventilation: 1. 4'' Inline Fan for your air cooled hood
    2. 6'' Inline Fan for your room exhaust
    3. Wall mounted, oscillating fans ( 2 of em, 1 sets at 5 ft. in the room ( Canopy) 1 sets at 2.5 feet (for circulation under the canopy)

Soil: 1. Promix BX
    2. Add 20% Perlite
    3. Add 20% Earthworm castings

Nutes: 1. AN SensiGrow and Bloom
    2. Great White Mycorizzhal

AND SOME GOOD FUCKING GENETICS, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH A BAG SEED OR A CLONE CUT FROM YOUR BOY, Best of luck to ya brother :smoke:

3. you sir are a saint. how much do you think this is going to cost him all together? im in pretty much the exact same boat.

4. Ahh thanks so much man, that's pretty much what I was looking for, I'll upload some pictures when I get started, Thanks again!:D

5. Now say you have a 4 x 4 space with autoflowers, you could run 4 plants easy and do em well, hearty plants. Thats why I suggested a 600 watt bulb for 4 plants....land ya prolly 6-10oz's...now you've made it cost effective and thus paying for your grow with the first few blessings (In the money saved for your medicine...it'll be such a relief to see all that money stay in your pocket!).

Message me if you hit any snags :smoke: we'll work through em

6. #6 GridlxCC6, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012
    there is no way he is going to pull 1 1/2 oz to 2 1/2 oz per autoflower on his first run. Op i would say expect around half that from those 4 autoflowers. hope for about an ounce from autos, give or take a few grams. autoflowers arent known to produce multiple ounces, they "autoflower" straight from a short vegging cycle, which doesnt allow for mass production.

7. I actually just harvested a "syrup" autoflower from buddah seeds that I got as a freebie from the additude seedbank.
    It is my first grow, did that and a "quasar" from buddah seeds as well.
    I got 58 grams dry off about 1/2-3/4 of the plant from the initial partial harvest, and have probably another 30-35 grams that's still drying, for a total of just under 3 ounces off that one plant.
    Super sticky, lots of trichomes, its got a musky, kinda spicey kinda taste. It's definitely not top of the food chain as far as potency, but it definetly has a real nice body high that settles in and is great for relaxing and stress relief.
    I certainly won't complain for a free seed!
    So yea, 2-3oz off one autoflower is doable, I did it with a 5gal. Bucket using DWC, following rupleforskins sticky in the growroom section here.
    Built my own 3.5x4x9 growbox, vegged for a month under a 1k watt mh @ 18/6 cycle, then switched to a 600w hps for flowering.
    I probably would have gotten even more, but had to put the lights to a 12/12 cycle, because I didn't realize that the quasar wasn't an autoflower till I was several weeks in, and since a non autoflower will typicly yeild more, I favored the quasar and flipped the lights.
    Judging from what the syrup did, I'm figuring on around 5 or more ounces off the quasar.
    Here is the quasar, 80 days from seed for some insperation!
    Good luck!
    ForumRunner_20120310_120916.png