Completely new to this...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by yeti1985, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Hey everyone, I've been lurking around this site for more than a few months and learned a little so I decided to grow a few plants. So far I think they are doing very well but, without prior experience, I have nothing to compare to.

I got a few pre 98 og bubba kush seeds and decided to give it a go.
    Planted the seedlings back 4/29. Wish I would have taken more pictures and done a grow journal but I didn't. I have had them under cfl's on an 18/6 schedule ever since. Found out a few weeks back that one plant was male and one was female. I've since thrown the male out and continued on with 3 plants (one of which I know for sure is female, other two unknown). I ordered a 600w hps system but the company screwed me over and stole my money so I ordered another off amazon and just got it in. All three plants are right at or just over 3 feet. Took this this morning:

Attached Files:

2. The far left plant is the female.
    This morning I put the two right most plants under the hps light to start flowering on a 12/12 schedule and am going to keep the female as a mother plant. Last week I cut two clones off of each plant and transplanted them today. They seem to be doing alright, each of them has built a decent root system.

I have been using three fox farms nutrient systems for just over a month and all three plants seem to be very healthy.

Just wanted to post this to see if anyone had an words of encouragement/criticism.

Attached Files:

3. #3 RooRgle, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
    Those are some healthy plants man, looking really good! Keep on growin' :bongin:

4. The two that I just changed to flowering are right at 3ft each. They won't get 6ft tall with they? I don't think I have enough room for them to reach that height.

5. Is there such a thing as to late to clone a plant? The two plants I put in the flowering stage I'd like to take some more clones off of them if they turn out to be female.

6. Anyone know?

7. going up..

8. is that foil? how is that foil not 90000 degrees with that 600w?

9. The foil is around the fluorescent light. The 600w hps light is the bottom picture with the bare walls in the background.

10. It is best to take clones during the veg cycle, but you can take clones from recently flowered plants or all the way to before harvest. The flowered ones take some more time to regenerate and begin to grow again but one cool thing is that clones from flowered plants tend to put up more initial stems from the flower bud sites that turn into a bunch of branches. Clones from flowered stems are a good starting material for mother plants because they start off so branched and you don't have to do as much initial training to get a good mother with a bunch of branches to take clones from.

11. Well I ran into a bit of a problem when I got home from work. Checked on the babies and my hps light for the grow room has burnt out after being on for only one day. I ordered two new bulbs but is this going to affect the plants? I put them back under the veg. light until wednesday when my bulbs arrive.

12. shouldn't matter too much. As long as you're on the same lighting schedule...

13. hello Yeti,
    your girls are looking good,
    have a look into LST (Low Stress Training) you might find a few links for LST at the very bottom of this page ''under linkbacks''
    http://forum.grasscity.com/plant-training/122936-how-lst-low-stress-training.html

also this is a good thread to look through
    http://forum.grasscity.com/plant-training/847278-supercropping-guide.html

middy

14. Well it looks like the two plants I am flowering are male... I'll upload a picture later. That makes two of my three plans male. What should I do? Trash both males and clone the shit out of the mother? Continue on and let nature takes its course, raise all three plants and gather the seeds for another time? WWGCD? What Would Grasscity Do?

15. Basically this is what happened. When your bulb burnt out and you put them back in the veg room they started immediately reverting back to veg. Ten when you got your light or just because you reveed them back to veg. You stressed out your plants so much they were like screw being a female and became male or hermy. The same thing happened to me with my first baby I grew her outside then put here on flowering then boom male once I tried to revert her. This can happen even after a day of starting the flowering process the plants are very delicate to light schedules. An even that slight changed I believed might have caused this problem. Do you know if your mother is a female?

16. That small of a change made my plants male??? I was told that my mother plant is female by someone more experienced than me. It has two little hairs growing out of each of the nodes.

17. They are definitely pistils. What should I do with the males? 3 out of 4 seeds ended up male. That's the last time I order non feminized seeds.

18. So you had two pistils (not stipules) growing out of each node, and it turned male? If you say so...

19. No, I said I have a mother plant that has pistils. The other two plants I was unsure on the sex.