Completely new to indoors. Any advice please.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bubsbuds, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Basicly just 2 3 week old bag seed plants I've started for my first indoor basicly to get a feel for it. I've been growing outdoors for years but due to such a boom in the local population I may be forced to switch. They are in a mix of my own organic compost and organic potting soil. They are under 4 100w equivalent 6500k and 4 13" 100w equivalent soft white 2500k flouresant tubes. Just wondering if everything seems in order. Mostly curious about the smaller of the 2.

Attached Files:

2. You seem to have a decent light setup for starting out although I'm guessing all those light fixtures cost more money than just going with an HID.  One thing you really need to do is paint all that wood a flat white.  Not only does it reflect no light at all, the dark wood will absorb a large amount of your light.

3. Definitely over watered...they look sad. And I also agree the bishop. It would benifit you greatly if you had some sort of reflective material on your walls...

Your light set up is good for vegging. It could use a little more cause you have two plants but I'm sure it will work. As for flowering you're gonna want a little more than a couple of cfls to make your harvest worth it.

What size pots are you in?

4. Yo let those dry out a bit my dude.Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. If all your lamps are fluorescent's then you can move them a few inches above the plants. I dont see a fan either so if you havent already you will need to set up some ventilation.
    A 100w equivalent is 23w? I personally would use be using a 35-65w 6400k over each plant around that stage. Deffo agree with the other gents on painting white or using something like Mylar to cover the inside. Maximising the light you have is essential with fluorescent's.
    Good luck with your grow buddy.