Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Complete Noob to Mary Jane

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Systum, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Soo I'm going to start with a intro to who i am. I am a 18 year old Senior still in high school who has never smoked anything , Never Drank , And i am still a virgin. I have also been playing basketball since i was four and its basically consumed my life but more than ever lately Ive been researching about marijuana and have become inclined to try it. Soo i was wondering if it would affect me in basketball. And how often would it be ok for me to toke. Also if the side affects arnt heavy , how would i begin my journey to find some marijuana and what would be some essentials for a complete beginner.

2. My buddy he's black smokes everyday and goes to the YMCA and balls hard , as long as you stay away from cigs your lungs will be find.

As for finding your first hook up, ask your peers at high school they should know whatsup.

Look around GC, know the difference between quality of buds and how much you should be spending in your area.

3. Thanks for the quick respond. But what are some tools every "smoker" should have. And i Definitely will stay away from anything tobacco.The only thing i have is a 2 pack of bic lighters. Also what is a good amount of weed to buy for my first time.

4. You're going to need a pipe or joint papers. You're 18 so just go to your local headshop or start looking online.

First time I ever bought it was gram bags then started finding money for eighters (1/8 of an ounce or 3.5 grams)

5. Get a small glass piece or maybe even a onehitter/dugout system. Go to a headshop with a friend who smokes and have him show you around a little. Definitely a small glass piece is the easiest - otherwise, learn to roll, which is obviously more challenging.

6. Don't smoke on your own for the first time. It's only getting high but you can't judge how you will react. (you'll be fine and love it :D) It will just be a nicer and more relaxed environment if you are with people you trust.

Take it easy and slow. The last thing you want is to smoke too much, feel shit and puke. That's what I did and I'm telling you now, TAKE YOUR TIME. It takes about ten minutes for you to feel the full effects. Have maybe two/three tokes of a spliff and wait for the effects. If you like it/aren't feeling or you're feeling good and want more, do it.

If you then want to start you long and loving relationship with Mary Jane, then invest in these: A good lighter (bic is highly recommended.) A grinder. Rolling papers. Stash tin/Mason Jar. A pipe/bong. Munchies.

And stay safe, don't put yourself in stupid situations and don't let your dealer think he can take you for a ride. Know your stuff.

Also, take everything in moderation. "Let weed revolve around your life, not your life revolving around weed". Some wise person said that on this forum and it's stuck with me.

Thats about it really :D

7. your 18 and still in hs and probably with your parents... i would go with a pack of papers, you can pick them up at some gas stations like circle k and shell (where i am at least)

as far as finding some goes, find out if anyone your chill with smokes weed and ask if you can smoke with them (let them know yourwilling to throw down like 5 or 10 dollars depending on how much theyare bringing) that will be great fora first time experience and you wont have to find a dealerandget screwed cause your a noob lol no offence

if you like it, its pretty easyto find a dealer in hs, but stick to asking the guys your chill with what a good price is where you live, and how much they usually pay.

hope this helps

enjoy:smoke:

8. I don't know if a virgin could handle a bad bitch like MJ ;)

9. Haha true true Lol ive had the chances but want it to be with someone worth waiting for not some random slut giving it up to me.

10. First time tips;

1) Don't ever smoke alone
    2) Smoke somewhere comfortable and safe
    3) Don't toke too hard on whatever you choose to smoke with.
    4) Relax, everything you feel is natural and supposed to be happening, don't panic when you start to feel a bit strange.

11. why not smoke alone. Will i start tripping or something from the lack of communication lol

12. Theres a uncountable number of players in the nba that blaze up.
    So roll one up and chill.:smoke:

13. if you smoke alone your first time you might get paranoid and not like the effects at first, it's better to smoke in a safe environment specifically with a friend or someone you trust

14. It's easier to get used to. You don't have to worry about rolling it up(if you decide to go that route). Plus the first few times smoking with someone else i just found to be more fun. You have someone to talk to, someone who knows how much to smoke and just someone that can generally answer your questions

15. Not at all, you'll probably just want someone around to add to the "safety" theme, someone to chat to and describe what you're feeling. It just feels more comfortable.

Plus, you'll want to be laughing or watching some funny shit! :smoke:

16. I'm actually still not sure if this is true for most people, but I didn't get high the first few times I smoked. I was probably inhaling wrong (definitely was the first sesh) so that would explain. Just know that you aren't messed up if you don't feel much the first few times :O

17. It's possible to not get high the first time or two, even if you inhale properly, until your body accepts it.

Tips for smoking and basketball:
    Don't hold hits in; inhale the smoke entirely and exhale immediately, your lungs don't need much time at all to get the overwhelming majority of THC.

I'm not sure why everyone is flipping out about smoking alone, like the 2nd time I smoked I was alone and even though you can get some paranoia, if you prepare yourself mentally for that then once you're high you will just realize it's the MJ affecting you. It's not some out-of-body experience that you won't be able to handle, it just might make you a little anxious. But ya you might just enjoy it more with other people, everyone's different but I like blazing alone.

You will be fine for basketball if you conserve your weed and get high off of a few hits, and don't smoke more than a couple days a week. Just be aware that MJ will leave a layer of carbon monoxide in your lungs that does affect your aerobic abilities; if you really like weed and this concerns you, later on consider a vaporizer, which pretty much negates the negative effects of weed.

18. Lebron James toked pretty often as a teen. So that should answer your question if it will affect your game.

Oh. And Michael Phelps tokes. Greatest swimmer in the world.

I play basketball and have only seem improvement if anything.

Toke on.