Complete Noob to growing, check it out

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bluehex, Aug 20, 2006.

1. I am completely new to growing although ive been reading a ton of threads and grow guides over the past few weeks. Ive decided to grow bagseed and this is my thoughts on the setup:

2 flourescent bulbs
    ionic breeze (for smell)
    two 1 gallon pots
    regular potting soil (without anything extra like nutes etc)

plant and let grow for 4 weeks with watering every 2 days or as much as needed. 12/12 cycle after 4 weeks and keep on that cycle until they bud. then i will harvest. Is this a good setup and routine for a first timer with no gardening exp.?

2. well how many lumens are those fluros? if you have 5400 lumens you can grow one plant ( with mylar i suggest) , but you have the problem of running into male or female issue

the breeze stuff, i say don't bother just build a carbon scrubber

those 1 gallon pots should be able to do it if you flower when they are 12" tall
    (vegg at minimal for 1.5 months, flower for 1.5 months at minimal, flowering length depends on strain)

when your plants are old enough you'll wanna get some nutes high N, mediocre P & K

3. you might want to bump the lights up to 4 lights in the cool white or 6500k for veg and maybe wait 6 weeks befor you flower and then your going to want to change the lights to the warm white 2700k . and your going to have to feed it more than just water . normal soil has enuff food for 3 weeks and your going to want to use some thing good for when you start to flower .

4. The ionic breeze is useless. I have one. It will do very little in the wake of a two plant harvest.

5. so basically id have to spend a moderate amount of bucks to make a carbon scrubber in order to eliminate the smell.... or else the whole house will smell of weed?

6. yes thats it press the search button with homeade filters as your word also its good to have a little extra firepower like those Airwick timer sprays they work awesomely

7. Might want to add some vermiculite and perlite for good drainage and aeration. The more you have of this stuff, the faster your mix will dry out so keep that in mind.