Complete NOOB has a few questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by P-rizzle, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Hello fellow tokers. After many years of procrastination I have decided to set up a DWC rig. I currently have a blue cheese seed I germinated last week and is in a pot of organic soil. It is sprouting well and seems to be doing fine. Obviously I somewhat screwed the pooch by germinating in paper towels and going directly into soil because I didn't have my equip set up yet. So if my assumption is right, I'll have to wait until it is mature enough and put her directly into the hydroton? But My question is more for future germinations. Let's say I start in rock wool cubes and an incubator. At what point are the seedlings ready to go in the bucket? When the tap root emerges? And also, do I put the seedling in the hydroton with the rockwool still attached? And help is appreciated guys!

2. You will have to wash all the soil away from the root system in order to put that plant in to a hydro setup.

For the future, you can put the rockwool in to hydrotron whenever you want to do so. If you put it in there before the roots are long enough to get water then you will need to hand water until the roots get long enough to hit your res.

You leave the seedling in the rockwool and place it all in the hydrotron.

3. Thanks jay719. That's what I needed to hear. I wasn't able to find much info on "when" to transfer to the bucket, or if in fact the rockwool should stay attached.