Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Complete newb to MJ, few questions

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by s0uldude, Mar 25, 2015.

1. #1 s0uldude, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
    Hello everyone, I'm s0uldude, 20 years old, live in England but born and raised in Belgium, blablabla. 

I recently became interested in smoking weed and I have tried it before a couple of times and I did enjoy my highs and had a great time. I want to smoke weed more often but I have absolutely no friends who toke at all and I have no access to dealers. I have autism and severe anxiety so social contact isn't my strong point.

Discussion of dealing, on-line or off.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/general-forum-feedback/899395-grasscitycom-forum-guidelines.html

Also, I live with my girlfriend and her mum at the moment and I'd like to talk to her mum about it too and see if I can convince her to let me smoke up when nobody's home. She says she's against drugs but I'd just like to present some key facts to her on how it could benefit me and why weed isn't going to make me join ISIS or blow up a church. 

I'm sorry if this seems all over the place, I had little sleep last night and I'm typing everything up as it enters my mind.

Thanks a lot!

2. Who did you get high with before? Ask them.

Oh yeah that's never going to work. Don't even bother, it's only going to be embarrassing for you and make a rift between you and her Mom.

This would be my advice too.

4. I found my dealer in my new town I moved too last year asking cab drivers and bartenders. Anyway, ask who you smoked with before. Also I wouldn't tell your girlfriends mom, might not be good idea. Just smoke outside on free time and don't get caught.

5. I would ask the people I smoked with previously but they live in Belgium unfortunately. Again, I'm not the social type.

6. Hi hon, I'm "Granny". Have you thought of taking a class at the local community college? Yoga, ceramics, an art class? They have low homework levels and can be good for you on several levels.  Aside from a very few religious-based colleges, cannabis can be found on virtually every college campus.

When I was in my mid-50s, I moved to a town where I knew no one.  I went back to college and soon found a nice young lady who dealt a little to help with expenses.  We were friendly for several years, until she moved to Oregon.

I'm not autistic, but I do have very mild brain damage that makes my brain work a bit differently, so I can kind of appreciate where you are at. I'm no social butterfly, either. Medical facts stick in my brain, but I have difficulty putting names and faces together.  

I have a large collection of medical studies about cannabis and the cannabinoids. You may find what you need to convince your girlfriend's mother in my collection. There is a section on autism that may be helpful. To get a free copy, just email me at stormcrow(at)greenpassion.org. (Don't forget to change the (at) to @ and get rid of the period at the end.)

Check into cannabidiol (CBD) for the social anxiety! Even in the US, CBD extracts made from hemp are available online.

Cannabidiol reduces the anxiety induced by simulated public speaking in treatment-naïve social phobia patients.      (full – 2011)     http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3079847/

Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an anxiolytic drug.     (full – 2012)
    http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1516-44462012000500008&lng=en&nrm=iso&tlng=en

Ask your girlfriend what "runs in her family"! Then look at the studies and articles for those conditions - you might even get her mom smoking with you! 

(I used to work in education until I retired. I am hoping your are like my favorite autistic kid who was a total "information sponge", and will enjoy the studies like he would.)

Hope that helps,

Granny

7. Thanks a lot for the reply :) I'll see if I can talk to her and I will definitely email you!