Complete list of glass names/brands

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Grizzly420, Jul 14, 2010.

1. #1 Grizzly420, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2010
    This is going to be a list of artists and names/brands of Glass pieces, in the range of how good they are.

Basis:
    How well do they clear?
    Are they thick enough?
    China glass or high quality?
    One trick ponies or branch out into different ideas. (artist flair)
    $$$ Price...-for what you get?
    Skill level? (artist like SGW, Lear, and others are encouraged to comment heavily on this section, since they before most people on here will know better)
    Availability- (Hard to get specific piece, or artist to make the piece)
    Aesthetics

I will constantly be updating this post with the organized list of "what's what" of the glass world, hopefully in some sort of order. The better the glass overall, the higher it goes on the list. This will help out newcomers and even some veterans for deciding that next piece to get.

List (currently in no main order, updates always changing):

Toro
    Luke Wilson (LW)
    US
    Sovereignty (SG)
    RooR (mcap doesn't like RooR, LOL :))
    SGW (Stone Glass Works)
    SSFG (Sun shine Family glass..found on etsy)
    Salt
    Lear
    Itza
    TRIKKY
    Freeek
    Jop
    Illadelph
    Vip
    Ehle
    SYN
    Zob
    Sheldon Black
    AK/Sara
    ---------------^^^^^ Considered by YOU to be higher end , and higher quality^^^^^------------
    Helix
    Volcano (i know its not glass but i figure I can throw in some vapes also)
    Biohazard
    Glassmansdoll
    Sasha Hess
    Mer
    Morgan
    AuroraGlassworks
    MTP
    Mike Fro
    Manifest Glassworks
    JoshOPdenaker
    Nate Dizz
    Koji
    Marcel
    Weedstar
    Phire
    Pure
    HBG (home blown Glass)
    Molino
    g-spot
    united glass works
    labworx
    sisha bag
    magic glass
    fathead
    Black leaf
    Chameleon glass

I think this is a good starting point. If you post on here, please comment on why you either know or believe a certain name should be higher or lower than another. At the end of each day, ill look at the new posts of the day and update the list. May one day this get sticky for all of GC to utilize.

(If there is a thread similar to this, I apologize as I did not find it, please PM with link to it.)

2. #2 thereddfoxx12, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2010
    You forgot gc's own Biohazard they make high-quality bongs apparently.

EDIT: oh and magic glass, black leaf, fathead, G-Spot, United glass works, Labworx, and Sisha bag.

3. It's going to be hard for ya to get everything up here, and reviews of everything.

But good luck, this should be a good thread.

4. Black Leaf is china glass.

5. never expected to get "everything".. but i figure if there's at least 1 person on here who can review or talk about the artist/brand, then that's good enough for me.

6. You forgot the up-and- comer SYN (I take pride in my first piece).

7. Zob. I like mine.

8. Sorry. kinda newbish to al lthe glass names/artists and stuff. I know some of the big names " roor, toro, ehle, and stuff"... what does syn stand for?

Also, ZOB, HVY, WS, HBG ??? What do these stand for?

9. What about Chameleon Glass They are pretty cheap, and I've never bought one I didn't like. Most of all... Made in the USA

10. luke wilson is higher on the list then ssfg. lol

edit, and prolly SGW and us tubes

11. sovereignty

12. Imho you have this list all wrong. How can you have roor over sg, toro, and lw when these pieces clearly function better than roor. This list needs serious revisions

13. Sheldon Black not make the list?

14. This is why this could be very difficult to judge input without this being an actual poll. I see this thread being 175 pages long, and no real way to "talley" the "votes" and recommendations.

OP, should this be a poll instead? Are you looking to revise the list order with each of our inputs or what?

15. #15 bigbollo, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2010
    Put the list in alphabetical order and then it is what it is. Make sure to add artists/companies to the list as soon as a piece is posted. If you really wanted to make this a sort of guide, maybe ask for people to post if they would be interested in reviewing there current setup. I' am pretty sure you were trying to make a guide thread , and not a ranking thread.
    "Best (currently in no order, update later):" Take best out and just have current list. Personally way to much work to do this thread the way it would make sense. Just the amount of links to jump to artists would be a pain in the ass. Would be a great thing though, sort of like a one stop shop for piece info.

16. agree ^^ seriously by the list of guidelines this follows, the list does no good if you personally do not own a piece from each. i am partial on this list... could really scratch some, could keep some, others i dunno -- i do not own and cannot say yes or no. ... but definitely would scratch a few!

17. Ok here's the deal... some of you already had said "how can this be better than that....etc.", if you read. I had said the list was not updated and was still in progress. It only becomes a better list when you guys post which you believe is better and why. Look at my first post, it shows the guidelines. I would like for people who own a piece from the list, or who have something different, to tell me what to add to the list and then why it is better or worse than the others. That information will allow me to reorganize the list.

Alphabetical is good, however, there are many people on here who do not know what types of pieces are typical considered high quality glass (SG lets say over Black Leaf). This Thread is a FIRST STOP to all things glass related for names/artists. I wanted to compile a list of as many names/artists as I can, and then organize them slowly over time into a somewhat uniformed list of what would be considered better glass than soemthing else. I understand there is a lot of bias, I expect that. If possible, when someone throws up a name to put on the list, or has an opinion as to why soemthing should be better...give me a reason. If i get a bunch of ROOR head s in here, it'll be obvious they want ROOR high on the list. If I get a balanced review from people, it'll make things easier. I am doing this for you guys, since I have always had questions, not too many answers, but when I have it's been great. This guide/list, is for the GC community.

I will add a poll later, but I'll let this list go far a few days, reason being, that'll sort out the higher quality stuff t o the top, so when I do a poll, I wont have to add the lower quality stuff. (Besides the poll can only have 20 options, and this list is already after 1 day, over 20 names.)

Thanks guys for the help. As you help me out with the organizing and the reviews of your pieces and your own input, I help you out with the list/guide.

"You scratch my back, I scratch yours."

-Grizzly

18. #18 bigbollo, Jul 15, 2010
    Maybe have to starting categories, Production glass, and Artisan glass. Those two should give anyone a idea of the quality. Then list brands/names from there. I'll start getting a little something together on my collection.

19. ctually, that's a great idea. Thank you. Normally I would've doen that, but I thought that people wouldnt be able to list the 2 together. I.E.--> Lear being better than (idk) Malino. If you have 2 seperate lists then I can do a 3rd with it in regular form all together. I'll wait a week and hten split it up. Ofrmation liek so

Complete

Brand

Artist

20. #20 zxzDarkCloudzxz, Jul 15, 2010
    Glassmansdoll
    Sasha Hess
    Mer
    Morgan
    AuroraGlassworks
    Itza
    MTP