Complete LED Setup

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by jrsaw0711, Jul 4, 2013.

Thanks for the link. I will look into it. Been a hydro grower for about 3 years now. Just did a coco test grow in a small pot 7 X 5 using Cogo's nutrients. Interesting results....

2. Yeah bigger isn't always better. You can burn your plants if you don't have the height. That is one of the draw back with these lights no switches. They do have the 3 watt reflector version with switches. There also is an argument that a 3 watt LED is more efficient than a 5 watt when it comes to the light vs heat ratio...

3. They normally will double in size... I grew a strain Amnesia Haze and she took over the back half of my tent had to keep super cropping her just to keep her under the light.

4. Thanks everyone Sara is trying to resolve this issue. Hopefully I can get my light soon and get it set up before I go back to work. Id like to track the results closely. So far my experience with led has been a good one

5. Funny my amnesia haze stayed short and fat. So far my biggest indoor has been Sour Diesel and a Gsc cross. I got a little over a qp off each plant. Wish I hadn't lost those genes

6. INDEED! My face did kinda do some kind of double take...glad to see it's resolved.
    As for light choice. Almost sure I'm going to go with the mars II 400(JRspecs)..

...Wait maybe the saturn II 600. No,would be too much for my space. But what if.....
    GOD DAMN PICK SOMETHING ALREADY!
    Thanks everybody. Having fun overanalyzing !

7. #567 Governmentcheese, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013
  8. Ok thanks man, I'm gunna try to keep em tied up. I thought about doing a scrog but not with four plants so I'll just going to run em and try to find the best one of my ladies and run her for a while. I'm trying to start a perpetual but I've got to convince the lady that we really do need another veg tent. I've drawn up a blueprint for it she seemed to up of the idea. She has caught the indoor growing bug now too, She is going to grow some flowers for dried bouquets so if thats what it takes to get me a veg box then bring em on! Also going to grow some lettuces too now that its freezing outside.  

9. Right on man ya I've always been an organic veggi gardener so once I finally got into grown my own herbs it wasn't an option for me. I had a bunch of my friends who use bottled nutes and they really gave me a hard time at first about not using any bottled shit they kept telling me that my shit was going to die/not be good/trash-ditch weed quality/every other thing under the sun.

They I must admit have been drinking way too much fucking kool-aid! Bought on hook in and sinker to what the man who make and sells his bottled shit for something like 1200% profit has been able to fool so many people into the bottled shit is the only thing that can grow good meds! 

Well bullshit! I loved growing my herbs organically. All my homies gave me mad props for my herbs. It had way better flavor and smoother than their smoke

10. Yeah she was a beauty. I crossed her with Blue Berry Diesel and still searching for that special phenom

11. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1381281722.413236.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1381281784.712977.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1381281826.888980.jpg

... vegg'n...

12. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1381281894.365703.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1381281912.766015.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1381282020.494485.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1381282061.509885.jpg

... flowerin...
    Pic 2 shows a perfect example of a sea of green candidate. Un-topped and vegg'd for about 10 days. She is turning into one good cola. You could run 30 girls this size in 1-2 gallon pots under one light. Pic 1 shows my bigger girls who were topped multiple times during vegg except the one in back right. She is un-topped and gettin tall...

13. #575 bma1933, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2013
    Looking good JR! I like your bigger plants better myself than the small ones they look better too... I'm going for 4 sweet bushes here in 2 months going to top twice I think. How many time do you top on average? 

14. Just a quick one guys to anyone in the uk thinking of buying LED lights off eBay, just be careful as there seems to be something going on, ie there's loads of sellers with full names then numbers after with no feedback at all, (Anthonyhancock24, tinalesleystone20, darenmichealcook11) to name but a few, there's probably another 10-15 of these "sellers" all the lights start at 0.99p as well, don't know whether they are scammers or police looking for address', just a heads up anyway guys, stay safe.

15. TOPPING

I usually like to topp a minimum of two times. This results in 4 main stalks. The first topp at about 2-3 weeks old and the 2nd about 2 weeks later. So you're gonna have a minimum 6 weeks of vegg but really 8-10 weeks is more appropriate. This is because every time you topp, the plant needs time to heal itself and time to strengthen up. Only topp a plant if you intend to allow it the extra time to vegg. Plants that are topped but flipped to flower too soon result to be skinny and weak with very low yields.

16. Cool thanks man ya I plan on veggn for 8-10 weeks so I think I'll top twice. when you top do you use those as clones or do you just take the very tip of the meristem?

17. TOPPING

You wanna wait till the plant has at least 2-3 sets of 'arms' probably when around 2-3 weeks old. Snip off the top inch to inch & a half including the top set of 'arms' (I just throw this away cause it's not a good candidate to clone). You are now left with a stub in the middle with a preflower on each side (the preflowers probably will be barely visible and just startin to develop. The plant now needs at least 2 weeks to heal and recharge. Those top two sets of preflowers will now each be taking the role of main stalk. So you will have 2 main stalks. Allow them to grow until they have at least 2 sets of arms and same as before, snip the top inch off including top set of arms. You can do this to each side. Now you will have 4 main stalks. This can be done over and over, supposedly up to 32 times. Just make sure to let the plant heal and strengthen up after each topping. You want those stalks to be nice & thick in order to produce a dense, heavy cola. Topping in this way in addition to super-cropping will result in heavier yields.

18. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1381348148.634159.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1381348228.488090.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1381348349.290209.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1381348392.677607.jpg

Pic 1 & 2 are lemon THAI KUSH from Humboldt Seed Organisation
    Pic 3 is an untopped Cantalope KUSH.
    Pic 4 is King's KUSH from Greenhouse Seeds.