Complete Horseshit Ive Read On Mj Forums, Part 1

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by babyfarts mcgeezaks, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Overwatering....

Now, I own a nursery and do not grow mj until its legal.....soon.

I do, however, grow shitloads of plants, all day everyday. Its my money maker.

On weed forums all of the "supposed" growers talk about over watering, and swear all growrs overwater. Lmao!

1. It would have to be intentional to over water potted plants. I mean, you would seriously have to try to do it on purpose.

2. Some genius said to only water when the soil cracks. Either he has never grown any kind of plant. EVAR, or he really loves dead plants.

3. Other "grow masters" on the interwebz say no way should you water more than twice a week. Not where Ilive, idgits. My whole nursery out of business in a week following that shitty advise.

Soil conditioning is key for growing ANYTHING. Let your soil dry out too much in a pot and it packs like concrete. Root development cant keep up and plants stunt or die the soil needs to be kept conditioned with moisture to reduce packing.

Overwatering in a pot is real hard to do, unless you have trays under ur pots. Stagnant water no good. Cracked soil = dead plant, lmao. I love the bs I read on the interwebz.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I water every other day. When there is a heat wave (100+ degrees F), I water everyday. I have heard it said that letting a plant go without water for a little while is good for it. Last year, I let my plant go 10 days without watering it. it was fine.

3. #3 Stargate, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
    So you just admitted to dealing. Go ahead and edit your post the mods can still read it.

Oh and this isn't remotely the right section for this garbage. 

• Like Like x 2
  4. #5 babyfarts mcgeezaks, Aug 25, 2014
    Lol. I dont grow pot. I have a nursery that grows mostly landscaping plants. Looks painfully obvious that is what I posted. Sorry for your lack of reading comprehension. Weed farmers on the interwrbz have some crazy cultivation theories. That was my point. Posted here since I thought it was funny. My bad.

Only reason I started reading weed forums is because theres a good chance its about to be legal here, so trying to pick up a little knowledge in case we can get commercial permits. Much like ypur job, Im open to make more money, legally. Just like the high end investors lining up to throw their money at this. I should make that my sig to be clear, lol.

I know a real smart guy who has been growing pot in cali for years and the plan is he will come out to help get things rolling. But, Id really like to know a lil myself before getting started.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanx. My bad. Was 4 fingers into some red stag and read another post (on another site I only read for lols because its rife with stupidity) abput waiting until the soil cracks and lolled my way over here to spread the joy.

6. How is this garbage??? And sure it's remotely the right section! He made it to a marijuana forum didn't he? Chillax my friend!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I agree OP.

There is no one size fits all.

But many people here put a 1 inch plant into a 10 gallon bucket, pour 15 gallons of water through it and then wonder why its dead the day after or droopy.

Its because roots require air and putting a tiny plant in a huge pot without roots then turning the soil into compacted clay (since most dont add amendments like perlite, assuming the soil is "ready to go" outta the bag) and smothering roots (drowning).

Its why those of us, like you, with experience look at each situation on an individual basis and try to give the best advice we can from poor discriptions, poor quality pics, etc.

Plus, theres a ton of kids who come on here daily doing all I listed above and asking,

"Hey, tell me every step of the way, hold my hand, i refuse to read anything, im taking your advice, its all your fault if this goes wrong."

This is a daily occurance.

Imagine if your day wasnt filled with selling plants, but instead people emailing you shitty pictures with broken english asking, "he watz diz wrongz wif mi plent duwg"

I agree though, anyone who just blanket statements is foolish, as most blanket statements are.

Theres tons of overwatering pics on this site, along with the thread ending a page later with, "it rotted, i dun no whyz guyz!?!?!"

We roll with it. :smoke:

8. #9 AugustWest, Aug 25, 2014

i can tell by your post..

since you are an expert on plants.. would you say that all plants have the same watering requirements?

• Like Like x 1