Complete DIY Setup

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by a soggy fish, Feb 20, 2014.

1. So i am currently on my 1st grow and i am kinda building and adjusting my setup as i go. Currently my 3 are in a cardboard box that used to contain a medium sized gaming pc case. I have 1 30w and 1 85w cfl @ 6400k in there. They're potted in mcdonalds cups and a pot noodle.

I need to transplant my biggest asap as it has outgrown the cup. However im not sure what to repot it into. Ideally something 10-15 cm deep with most of the volume being in area rather than depth. This is because hight is the biggest issue with it staying discreet and i plan to lst and keep them as low profile as possible.

Which brings me to the box. Its big enough that i can probably keep one in there permanently with the 30w 6400k and a few of my 11w 2700k's. The other two i need to rehouse which is where i require your input, they will have to be in the same box as there is no room for 3 seperate rooms. The only things i can think of is either a bigger cardboard box with a partition, or take the bottow 2 draws from a cabinet in the shed and put the draw fronts on again after. Only trouble is its an antique and my dads, and il probably destroy it in the process lol.

So basically, if anyone has any advice or can share their cheap diy setups so i can get a better idea of how to do this it will be much appreciated. My main issues are what to repot them into and what to use as a grow room. Remember the potting container needs to be no higher that a medum size mcdolans cup but enough volume for the plant. I could probably make something out of cardboard then line it with something to stop it going soggy?

Anyway, if you can't help at least post your indoor/outdoor diy grow setups please, im sure i will get some inspiration :)
    No pics on my phone sorry, will add a couple after work.

2. Well First off i really dont think there is enough light. using 2 low wattage bulbs to flower 3 plants isnt going to work so well, need ALOT more light. As for flowering 11w watt bulbs???? are you planning to get 2-3 grams off of these plants? For the amount of time and effort to grow the plants it would be just as easy to go buy a quarter bag for 50$.  Lastly growing in a cardboard box isnt going to last to long. the humidity and moisture is going to break the cardboard down over time, leading to mold and mildew and ruining the crop.

But if your really set on growing do it right, Goto a thrift store and find a cheap second hand dresser, Buy some white paint and mod the box to fit what you need. 

3. Agree with pretty much all of this. First, the cardboard is going to breakdown, get nasty, likely grow mold. No bueno. I totally agree about reusing shit. My first growbox was built out of someone's old entertainment center or media stand that was out by the road for the trash people to pick up. I snagged it and added doors, lights, ventilation, etc. Definitely need more lights.