Complete beginner, need info.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Stonedlife, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Hello every, I'm not new to the site but I'm not exactly on regularly either. I am planning on attempting my first grow, although I have not a clue where to begin. Where to get seeds, what kind of lights I need, also the type of dirt and nutrients I'd need. I want to do a stealth grow of some sort. It would be indoors. How long would the plants take to grow, and how much shout they yield? Thanks you guys, StoneLife.

2. You've got a ton of reading to do mate but you have come to the right place.

Pick either Hydro or Organic and then start trawling through there specific forum until you get a general idea of things.

Then pick your lights Fluro, HPS or LED head to that part of the forum and start reading.

After a while you should be able to come up with a rough game plan.

3. Hello! I'm a new grower too and setting up my tent currently. If you can, get your hands on "The Cannabis Grow Bible" by Greg Green. Very good info and helped me a lot. If you want to go indoors you either need a grow tent or dedicate a small room or closet to grow in. Then go from there. If you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me. I'm not an expert by any means but I can help with some things.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Haha thanks guys. I have no idea where to start. I also wanted to go cfl for lighting. I think I found a decent seed bank, can any of you give me a slight starter paragraph.

5. I only use fluro's for vegging which they are fantastic and by far the easiest light to use but I think most people agree that HPS or LED's are better for flowering.

It's not what you want to hear and I didn't want to here it the either but you have to put some real effort in to make it worth while, even if it's your first time.

I'll use my first time as an example lol. Nearing 1k invested (easily over when you factor in electricity) and from memory 3 months of mixing nutes/hand watering every 3-4 days down to everyday. I yielded an ounce, which is normally $200 and an 10min drive haha.

Don't get me wrong I love growing but I just cut to many corners, didn't do my homework and wasted my time that grow. I also got really lucky and didn't have any deficiencies, so naturally come second grow I was over confident and nearly wrote the whole thing off. 

6. First thing you need to do is establish what your budget is.  Then start shopping (while you are still researching your chosen approach).  Tents are a great option for everybody.  They allow you to contain your grow and have a reflective surface with vent ports built in (choose the quality that you can afford).  Don't mess around with the light tho, get a good one.  If you don't you will never be happy with the resuts and end up spending more money in the long run buying gear you don't need.

You are looking at 3-4 months from seed to harvest.  Herbie is a great place for seeds IMO.