competitive gamers?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by ChiiDank, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Any one on here take gaming more seriously then most? I'm talking you play gamebattels and are in to mlg? (major leage gaming). Or am I the only nerd around here?? :)

2. I try to be. No way I'd ever compete in MLG though. I'd get my ass handed to me:cool:

3. I used to, but it became more of a chore than actual fun. I was competitive in WoW arenas, broke 2k in 5's, and I used to play CEVO, CAL, ESEA, and Eco for CSS, but there are too many cheaters around nowadays. I was never into MLG, but it didn't really last that long with Source.

4. Same here. Some people just hone their shit. I do to an extent.

5. That's cool to here tho, I use to compete hard core, in 08 I was in a number three clan on gb for GoW.. We deffinalty had a chance in mlg seeing how we scrimed teams that competed in mlg tourney and won many times.. One of my teams was sponsored by monster but the team fell apart quickly after that so we never got entered into any events or get anything free from monster.. It sucked lol, then after that I quit for about a year.. Now im just getting back into it.. But theres no more mlg for GoW, only GoW2 witch is stupid because that game sucks!! EU is lucky they still have GoW 1 in there pro circuit

6. I used to play css competitively but I stopped awhile ago now, not that big of a competitive scene anymore unfortunately for css. But like pino said it just became a chore after a while, once you get to the upper levels the amount of practice and time spent playing just isn't worth it.

7. I always thought it was fun, it did take over my life but I never got bored of it, I guess its beacause I met some awsome ppl and my team mates were great buddies..

8. I used to compete in MLG tourneys for Halo 2. I placed top 16 in Orlando 07.

9. I was MLG for Call of Duty.

10. Yeah man it was fun while it lasted, but the community that played the game were a bunch of assholes. It was all about who had the biggest e-peen. Teammates who you would think are loyal, leave your team in hopes that the next one they join will magically move out of Open and get good yet it never happens. Just too much drama for my taste. I wouldn't mind pugging it with a couple people, but I wouldn't wanna get too serious about it.