Competitive Gamers?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by abilities, Jan 14, 2009.

1. #1 abilities, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009
    if css or h3 arent your games, post what game you just pillage everybody else at, or are even on a competitive team for/played in a tournament for that game. now, for my backstory and ultimate question and point of this thread::

i used to be an intense gamer. i started off with halo 2, and had a team and would 4v4 teams with MLG rules, and wouldve gone to competition, but i slowly faded out of the halo scene, while my double team partner (we were undefeated) rose up and joined a few different teams, to the team he is on now (i forget the name) but places top 8 at MLG events theyve attended (this followed through halo 2 into halo 3, and he still plays on that team, i believe).

but, what drew me away from halo was Counter-Strike: Source. i started playing at a local lan center and eventually joined a team with friends from the LAN center in CALeague, and played a few seasons with my friends in CAL-Open, and eventually joined a CAL-Main team (Order of Kaos, OofK) for a season, then we were dropped to IM the next season, then i dropped out of CPU gaming when my computer crashed.

now that i dont play many video games, much less competitively, i still own all my friends at 360 when we go chief and play xbox and just played for fun. i still have my h3 skill, my gow skills arent lacking but arent anything to boast, and im getting pretty good at the new COD when i'm in the moment, but i havent actually played it online, so i cant really figure my caliber of skill.

ultimately, im thinking of getting back into the competitive scene, either in CSS or H3.

is there anybody else who is a competitive gamer or just very fucking good at either of those games, that would be interested in starting a team and entering a season of CAL (for CSS, since its free); or form a team for halo 3, but i wouldnt want to take an h3 team to competition unless we were very fucking good, but we could just play for fun, with either game, and jus get blazed for matches and have a stoner-related team name.

but, to play on a team, you have to have some sort of experience playing competitively, because it isnt as easy as picking up the controller and playing. you have to communicate a shit load, use teamwork, develop strategies and tactics, adapting to your teammates styles of play and their strengths/weaknesses, all on top of having exceptional skill/aim. you also have to have a lot of time on your hands to dedicate to playing and practicing.

either way, interested in forming a team or not, i wanna know who the competitive gamers out there are in the GC community (if there are any?)

2. That actually sound really bad a, i also started like you into halo 2, i played that game for endless hours and became the shyt, not trying to boast, but i knew i used to be good. I played halo 3 for a little while but started to stop gaming completely, i guess my age changed my interest or something. I never went to any competitions though i always wanted to, but no ride etc. I just played on xbox live alot. I never played counter strike but apparently its real fun ill try it if it compares good to halo 2. But if i can set this up getting the game making the time to become real good again, id really consider going to tournaments and stuff. Plus the smokin, i can already picture the fun times w'ed have.

3. #3 abilities, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009
    yeah, i fizzled out of halo 2 and gaming completely for a few months just because so many of my friends gave me shit about it and wanting to go to tourneys (even tho i wouldve fucking made money) but somehow i let them influence me that i was too into halo, so i jus dropped the sticks, when i couldve had a future in it. then CSS got me back into gaming and i transferred from console to PC, and let me tell you, there is a difference to overcome. i had to play for months to get as good as i was and to understand the game like you need to. CSS has so many different components than halo.

halo 3 is controlling the map and guns, timing for powerups, having players stand at certain places to force the enemy to spawn in undesirable positions.

css is controlling the map, controlling your money funds, you usually need a 'caller' to call out the strategies for your team every round, knowing when to rush/push, when to hide, good spots to watch areas the enemy will be coming from, boosting, so much shit.

but, eventually my comp crashed and then age/laziness/motivation came into play and i didnt have a desire to get back into it. but, lately ive had a lot of free time and would love to get back into it. not to mention how theres the possibility of cash prizes involved, when youre really good, atleast.

i fucking love both games though, and got bad ass at both of them.

4. #4 Floydian, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019

5. when i joined the team when they were main it was before the roster lock, but i played in prolly half the matches left in season, and played most of them when we were IM. and yeah, 1.6 is harder than source, but source is taking over the scene cause the 1.6 is datedd.

but yeah, we should form GC CAL team if youre pretty dec at source. i have to get back into the game, you know ringing and shit to get back into it, but i know a lot of strats that we always used that are fucking killer for every map, so we could do fairly well.

6. Left 4 Dead.

7. COD4 gamertag-h3nn3ss3y

8. Left 4 Dead.

I'm very good at the game.
    And will do everything in my ability to win.

9. Me and some friends actually just hosted a Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament yesterday. Not sure if any of you guys are into it, but there is actually a pretty big scene following it. It was on the MLG circuit up there with halo 2 for a while, but got pulled off around end of '06 i think.

Anyways, we had over 50 people at our tourney in Columbus, Ohio. Lots of people coming from out of state (pittsburgh, northern kentucky). There's also a local player from Columbus who actually is considered one of the best Sheik players in the world. Basically we were at this small park building with 50+ people packed in it, playing Melee for 10 hours. We ended up having a doubles tourney, and singles w/ pools. So, doubles ended up with a pot of $360 split up 60/30/10 for 1st 2nd 3rd and singles had a pot of $500 with the same split.