Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Compassion clubs dont seem to be too compassionate ?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by jaykewashere, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Most "compassion clubs " don't even seem to cater to medical users they seem to cater more to recreational users . alot of the people I've seen in interviews and such seem to use the "mmj card " as an exuse to smoke recreationally , and there is nothing wrong with smoking recreationally , but it just annoys me a little . Especially 50 dollar half quarters what's so compassionate about that ?! And it doesn't seem any of the clubs do any sort of clinical testing . Someone comes in and says " I got physical pain " and to there reply " here's a heavy indica " ... I wouldnt consider smoking your own crop after harvest clinical trials ... Just a rant here I guess I'm sure someone will hear me out .

2. yeah most of them are about your money and should be called money clubs not compassion clubs

3. The system is flawed.
    Until it's fixed get used to this.

4. [quote name='"c0rup7"']yeah most of them are about your money and should be called money clubs not compassion clubs[/quote]

Yeah how do they sleep at night making sick low-middle class people pay those prices !

5. For real man, I only know of one guy that sells compassionately, he sells for $50/oz to Canadian medical patients. Unfortunately he can only cater to X amount of people and is at full capacity so I can't benefit from this. But yeah, most compassion clubs aren't very compassionate

6. Atleast you have clubs. $50/eighth is a rip though, thats how much it is in Chicago. Should be closer to $30-35.

7. [quote name='"PaulKemp420"']For real man, I only know of one guy that sells compassionately, he sells for $50/oz to Canadian medical patients. Unfortunately he can only cater to X amount of people and is at full capacity so I can't benefit from this. But yeah, most compassion clubs aren't very compassionate[/quote]

Ya here you can only grow for 3 people it's dumb

8. I seen a really small scale chicago area commercial grow this weekend. The finished product didn't look that bad. Then we got to the 4x4 area and it was totally infested with mites. They don't even care to try and clean it up stating that they'll just come back. People are paying 120 for a quarter for that crap. I'll never smoke bud i didn't grow myself again.

9. I definitely agree. To be fair, I don't think I've ever been to a club that takes medical marijuana seriously. Everything from red-eyed bud tenders, to "I smoked this and was high for 5 hours" and a section called "connoisseur" which costed more than the other medicines.

Actually I take that back. I've been to dispensaries in Lansing, Detroit, Ann Arbor, Warren, and Flint. A Flint place I went to wasn't in the best part of town and didn't look the prettiest, but I could tell they truly cared about those with health problems. Their grams were either $10-15 and they made sure that I walked out with the strain I needed, not just the one that I most prefer the high. This place was truly non-profit unlike most others.

10. In AZ all we have are Compassion Clubs. We start getting Dispensaries this summer. Not that they will be any better. The club here was $65 a 8th then they got raided and need the money for lawyers so they dropped the price to $50 for a 8th. All a Gift donation set up of course.
    Then there are the Caregivers who are selling at the same rate, at least they will deliver. I can get it cheaper from my dealer.

11. [quote name='"Tanhands"']In AZ all we have are Compassion Clubs. We start getting Dispensaries this summer. Not that they will be any better. The club here was $65 a 8th then they got raided and need the money for lawyers so they dropped the price to $50 for a 8th. All a Gift donation set up of course.
    Then there are the Caregivers who are selling at the same rate, at least they will deliver. I can get it cheaper from my dealer.[/quote]

65 for a half quarter is madness , that's how much pure unadulterated hash is worth here for 3.5

12. [quote name='"Tanhands"']In AZ all we have are Compassion Clubs. We start getting Dispensaries this summer. Not that they will be any better. The club here was $65 a 8th then they got raided and need the money for lawyers so they dropped the price to $50 for a 8th. All a Gift donation set up of course.
    Then there are the Caregivers who are selling at the same rate, at least they will deliver. I can get it cheaper from my dealer.[/quote]

I know right " cheaper from my dealer." it's bs for people like myself and others that depend on this plant for medicine and they use there "oh were a business we just want money" shit on sick people

13. I should just become a Caregiver and supply at a way cheaper price to drive prices down.

14. I think your prices will come down the longer you have dispensaries and real competition sets in. I hear Colorado dispensary prices used to be that high, but now that the industry has been going here for awhile, you can get 1/8th of top shelf for $25-30.

15. That would be about what I pay now. I skip the street though and buy direct. I understand they need to make a profit. I mean I would not work for free either. But there comes a point when you still make a profit and still not price gouge.

16. Can someone explain to me the difference between a Compassion Club and a Dispensary? I've honestly just never heard the term Compassion Club for whatever reason.

17. I think that I have seen both 'recreational' dispensaries and 'medical dispensaries' for cannabis. And I think that, as mostly a medicinal user, I can detect the difference right away, having also dealt briefly in street exchanges and street weed culture around here; as well as having an *honest* intent as a cannabis user, mostly medicinal with some minor and productive rec use.

In Seattle, most places claim to have the BEST STUFF. One place even has a blunt rolling bar, apparently. For me, that signals more catering to connoseurs, rec users.

Another place sells their weed already pre-weighed in little bags, stored in jars, they do not weigh this infront of you, it is all pre-weighed. They're pretty honest about the weights, I have checked. They do have some great deals, but most of their stuff is over 11/g. That's a bit much. A good bit of thier stuff is 13/g or even 15/g. But they also have a thing where they sell a certain amount for 40 on one day a week, or they have one day a week where cancer patients get free bud. That's great. so maybe the high prices balance that stuff out for them. Good.

Another place, has all their in-house edibles, and carries only glycerin-tincs, no alcohol extracts. One of their growers put in an early harvest, that bud came out at 8/g. The bud tender remembers me, what I buy, doesn't even use computer stuff. She is the most knowledgible of ALL my bud tenders, even over the bud tenders at the more recognized place I go to that has a lot of people come in. She is the absolute BEST, and I have an interest in working with this dispensary.

The well-known dispensary that's been around for a bit is cool. They have a lot of staff. Some of them just aren't attentive or knowledgible. I can tell which ones are more recreational-oriented or are connoseurs. I can also tell which ones are more serious, but when you tell them your symptoms and they go: "hmm I don't know if anyof this will be good based on your symptoms" It's like "Whoah..." What the hell am I spending my money on? But they do a thing where they collect cans of food, you bring one in, it's 25% off the price which is really great. They also have coupons for head shops and things like that. And grow books, cook books,and gear.

So it's frustrating to be sure, if you aren't knowledgeable yourself about your weed, what it does, what you need, how much you need, where you're at, etc. You cannot depend fully on your dispensaries/bud tenders. Because the system is fucked up. Its inconsistent.

18. So a Dispensary sells medication like a Pharm. A Club gives the medication away when you visit, BUT you have to give a donation in order to visit the club.
    Beings they are giving the medication away between card holders it is legal. Again here in AZ we don't have dispensaries yet but we have clubs.

And Kinky was off topic but what he says is true. The people who are using the cards for Rec are going to give everyone else a bad name. We will all fall into the same group when they screw up. Turns into a "See, told you letting a dispensary open was going to cause problems" type thing.

19. I'm not really that off topic. Dispensaries take donations, too. They don't 'sell'. They don't make a profit. They have to, by law be non profit. We just call them different things, and I wanted to kinda cover everything and share my opinion.

I wasn't meaning to derail anything.

They also call dispensaries 'cannabis access points'

20. Wasn't saying you were trying to derail anything. You had brought up good points. Someone who doesn't know the difference though also wouldn't know the problems we face choosing between them.

To be a Non Profit you have to have no Profit. You can still make money. The business can have money in savings to cover expected expenses and a reserve for unexpected expenses. Then there is the over head to cover and included in the overhead is Payroll. Everyone who works there gets paid and I am sure that a Disp owner will be carried on the books as a percentage manager. Meaning he gets a percentage each month or quarter to cover his payroll. This is a nice way to get the profits out under the cover of Payroll and it is totally legal.

Our Clubs are more then willing to take any extra product I have but will not trade me straight across. Seems odd.