Comparing CO2 - slow infusing (regarding topicals)

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by WeedCat, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Hi grassity friends. I've asked this over on the medical side but I got only one response so I'm asking again here.

Who here knows a lot about CO2 extraction?

I don't know much about it but I'm curious especially when it comes to making salves/balms. I've made lots of crock pot heat infused healing salves which work really well. I can make a salve that relaxes my arthritic neck for a whole eight hours. Which do you think would be a more potent pain reliever, slow cook or quick extraction?
    Thanks for your help.

• Like Like x 1
  2. There's discussion in Another Tincture thread in the Edibles sub forum on making topicals. You may want to post in that forum. There are a handful of folks making topicals. Good luck. That may be a question you need to research and answer for the rest of us..

3. For me personally I do all fast work. Both oil and RSO I do fast processing as want the most wide awake and upbeat effects that I can get.

Long cooks make me sleep as to much THC gets converted to CBN ( sleeper compound ) IMO.
    Both seem to work equally as well when used Topically so I'll just open a Hash-Coconut oil or RSO capsule and rub it on. Tincture works about the same applied externally if a bit faster to kick in.

My C02 extraction is dry ice shaking the kief off my buds. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for pointing me the way Joker1121!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. So you used the series of bags with the different mesh? I love that. I watched these guys do it on youtube and it seems so clean.

6. No I do it with Dry Ice and a Sawzall.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

160 micron mesh 90 second shake

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  7. Interesting! And unconventional (I think) Where did you get the idea to do it this way?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Started doing it by hand with a coffee can and a pair of nylons. Being elderly and weak that got old fast and this seemed like a normal enough progression. It's changed a bit as each new design fixed the issues of the previous versions.
    Band clamp replaced the bungee cord.
    Nylon 160 micron mesh replaced the thigh high hose
    Better Saw to paint can attachment hardware,
    Variable speed saw replaced my original single speed.
    :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Here is the companion thread after you finish with the Hashmaster one.

BNW

• Like Like x 1