Comparative Grow Mephisto Genetics Sour Liver Auto's

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by bllhr, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Starting the Sour Livers autos,
    I have 5 seeds soaking in warm water and as they sink I will place in the cups.
    I don't like to germ in paper because seeds don't like being handled after rooting.

I will be doing a cheap organic grow. Nothing fancy or expensive, I will be using products available locally whenever possible. I will use two 5gal part dirt. part bubble water buckets. Two 5gal fiber pots, one 3 gal plastic pot. One bucket, one fiber pot under LED's, one bucket, one fiber pot under CFL's, the plastic pot goes outside under full sun. I will try two with Foxfarm, two with regular potting soil and outside will get combination of half and half.
    The LED's for these will be two Mars 48's reflectors. The CFL's are 28 watts, there are 13 total, 9 moveable overhead and 4 stationery on wall. And of course the Sun.

I made some buckets up and took some pics
    They are cheap, don't require constant attention, no ppm checks and are easy to make. The first pics are one I just harvested and shows the root ball.

IMG_3902.JPG IMG_3903.JPG IMG_3904.JPG IMG_3905.JPG IMG_3906.JPG IMG_3907.JPG IMG_3908.JPG IMG_3909.JPG

Fill the bottom of screen with lava rock so soil don't fall into water.
    I get the buckets with a fill line so you can see water level. I do not water on top of soil, I fill from bottom hole when needed at one gal mark with bottle and hose and water will wick up thru to top.

IMG_3927.JPG IMG_3928.JPG IMG_3930.JPG IMG_3913.JPG

Older plants will drink about 1/4 gallon a day. Yea I know about lights and roots. If you are concerned about light penetration then cover with tape. I have never had a problem over the years, maybe a bit more green algae sometimes, but no major blooms of it.

I will mix nutes from wally world in the soil, once again no fancy additives, poor mans grow. I'm sure others are growing with the best and latest grow median and high tech lights in a controlled atmosphere. Hopefully they will show step by step. I am doing these as simple as I can so every Joe can try and have simple meds.
    I use diatomaceous earth and neem oil as pest control, I recycle all my soil and use cheap air pumps and lights you can get anywhere or mail order without much fuss.
    I would say my total cost to grow these 5 plants will be, $10 for buckets. $10 for fabric pots, $5 for plastic pot, $20 for soil, $5 for wire hardware cloth, $30 worth of CFL's, $200 for LED's. Misc hardware and crap about $25 or so.

Should yield at least an ounce @ of cured meds. plus the trim and tea makings.

I will post updates as they grow.
    The cat was checking the temp also.

IMG_3936.JPG IMG_3937.JPG IMG_3938.JPG IMG_3941.JPG

Finger crossed for 100% germ rate.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Subbed man

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

3. OK, after 4hrs or so I got 4 sinkers and one floater. Few pics of the nursery also.
    Next update when they come up.

IMG_3942.JPG IMG_3943.JPG IMG_3944.JPG IMG_3945.JPG IMG_3946.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  4. subbed. im kinda mad i have to wait on my current autos to finish before i can drop mine lol. good luck man.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Waiting is the curse of all growers.

The person who breeds the one hour plant from seed to harvest will be worshiped like a god.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Both, they make tasty treats and places to keep.

7. Well cherry is ok but lemon?
    You are dead to me now..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. Day four, I have 4 up and waiting for the last to make it thru the top. The only floater in the cup we have to wait on.

IMG_3948.JPG IMG_3949.JPG IMG_3950.JPG
    Sorry about the pics, hard to get the littleones.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Subbed!best of luck bro! The one being grown under led , u got 2 panels of 48w each only?

10. I'm still waiting on mines to break ground

11. Still no show for the floater. I did an exploratory surgery and she is swollen but not ready yet. Covered her back up and will take up vigil for a few weeks before pronouncing her a hopeful, cause you never know, she might pop mid summer.
    The other little Livers have their eyes open and are standing up and feeding well. I still am amazed at the quality of grow in seedlings with LED's. No match for a good morning sun, but close. I have a few autos getting ready for harvest and the Strain Hunters Strawberry is looking good. All 9 pointers and big fat fans, I have high hopes for her this summer.
    Now comes the hard part, waiting!!! I hate that part.

IMG_3953 - Copy.JPG IMG_3955 - Copy.JPG IMG_3956 - Copy.JPG IMG_3957 - Copy.JPG IMG_3958 - Copy.JPG IMG_3959 - Copy.JPG IMG_3962 - Copy.JPG IMG_3963 - Copy.JPG IMG_3964 - Copy.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. Looking good as fk bro!! Yea now the hard part is waiting hehe

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hey now!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Fyi its a full moon tonight

14. , I am so sorry I thought that this was the vaults comparative grow Journal I can erase it

• Like Like x 1
  15. Awesome, post anytime. Love those baby pictures.

16. I had a hundred percent germination rate did you

17. 4 out of 5 so far.

• Like Like x 1