Comparative Grow: from Dutch Passion at The Vault

Discussion in 'Grasscity Advertisers' started by George - The Vault, Dec 9, 2019.

1. So frosty bro

• Like Like x 2
  2. After curing the AJCs and trying them out, the buzz is great, it’s smooth, and looks amazing 10/10. The smell is kinda odd, but I think it’s because I haven’t figured out curing yet. The smell is kinda like old grass a little, but still dank/moldy. It’s at 54% humidity in the jars and I followed the instructions exactly from the 2-3 main websites that come up for “how to cure”. I guess I just need more practice.

Thanks, again to everyone involved!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 5
  3. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ACJ’s 2 and 3. 100 degrees lately. Being watered 3x a day with Master-blend in coco.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Last shots before she comes down. Passionfruit day 56 flower.
    20200624_121605.jpg 20200624_121617.jpg 20200624_121710.jpg 20200624_121713.jpg 20200624_121730.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  5. curing is not really something you can read and get right instantly same with drying both are equally as important i see a lot of people have issues all the way through then dry wrong and expect a cure to magically fix it but thats not how it works a lot use the slow dry method which is kind of like a cure aswell 14 days hanging ideally if you get the enviroment right i can never dry mine for that long or it would be well over dried. its mainly down to trial and error considering your enviroment or airflow in drying area will be different to others. i will say the only times ive ever really got grassy/hay weed is from nutrient issues during the grow or bad drying. however i have seen it without any of those 2 but its usually down to the phenotype or a strange mutant in those cases.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  6. I'd definitely agree with that. It took me quite a while before I knew my optimum drying time, but even this changes depending on the time of the year.

Curing to me is a mystic art, you know when you've got it right, but getting it wrong could be a hundred different reasons.

Sent from my HD1910 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. 20200627_174644.jpg 20200627_174630.jpg 20200627_121924.jpg Chopped the 2nd of the two ACJs grown at 105 days from sprouting.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Passion fruit round 1 in the books. I grew a single plant amongst 9 others in a 2x4 tent using homemade soil mix and Nectar for the Gods nutrients. They were started under 240w of qb120 and finished under 300w of qb288.
    It grew pretty leafy buds and seemed behind the others but weighed in at 40g wich has been pretty much average in my current system.
    It's been curing for a little over three weeks now and I just finished smoking my first Passion Fruit joint. Flavor is a bit hard to pin down. Maybe orange peelish. Kinda bitter, not very pleasant. It's a smooth smoke but left a bit of an itch in the back of the throat. I just harvested one of her clones so I'll be able to revise in a couple weeks if anything changed.
    Overall im happy to have participated. Potency is good but these days the bar is so high, that's the least of my worries. I'm probably not keeping this cultivar. I popped another bean last week and hope for a better pheno.
    1593439768908.jpg

Indoor organic

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Adjustments.JPG
    And a few days later and one is dead.

• Like Like x 6
  10. may be popping another ACJ in the next week or two not entirely sure. only problem is the usual medium i pick up was not available so i had to make a decision and while it was probs the wrong one im gonna see how it goes with this canna terra proffesional plus but im sceptical at the moment it seems to just be a light medium of "white peat?" with tree bark added im not an expert so god knows why the bag says something about replacing perlite which i like but id rather it was fytocell than tree bark but anything other than perlite is good in my eyes some other stuff about antiseptic action with roots but sounds like marketing jargon to me. supposed to be like 3 quid more but i got for the price of my usual stuff which in my opinion short of building your own or maybe one of the non canna proffesional grade mediums is the best about (plant magic soil supreme) dont think its available in many places but the uk though.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  11. So my 2 CindyJacks yeild a little over 10oz. The squat one coming in at a little over 4oz and the taller one finished at a little over 6oz. Was a little bit surprised because the squat one had way thicker buds. I guess letting the other go 2weeks longer made all the difference. The squat one also produced the most fragrance through out the grow, yet in the end don't hold a candle to the one that went 2weeks longer. The initial taste of the squat plant isn't really my forte, but the stone is perfect. As for the taller one, initial taste is great and stone is same but definitely more lasting. All in all I would recommend these autos, maybe not to someone new to autos tho. I liked the structure of the plants, I like the effects, and the flavor(on one of em so far). I initially fell in love with autos due to their rapid growth and shorter cycles and that was a trait these didn't have for me. That would be my only gripe. You have to get out of the auto mentality and take your time with them. I'll update with any vital information if it comes up after a cure. Other than that, shout out to @George - The Vault for keeping the comps alive! Looking forward to the next! 20200622_102821.jpg 20200622_110108.jpg 20200703_095706.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  12. How many days did yours go? I’m at 70 days today and it’s looking close.

• Like Like x 2
  13. One went 95 and the other 105

• Like Like x 3
  14. Day 137
    • Stage: Flower Day 44
    • Strain: Dutch Passion Passion Fruit Fem
    • Feed:
      • BioBizz BioHeaven
      • BioBizz BioBloom
      • BioBizz TopMax
    Stats

137. Flower Day 44 - Stats.jpg

Tent

137. Flower Day 44 - Tent.jpg

Canopy

137. Flower Day 44 - Canopy.jpg

137. Flower Day 44 - Top.jpg

Nearly there!

Peace,

Vegi

• Like Like x 6
  15. [​IMG]
    Day 75. Been dealing with aphids and ants.

• Like Like x 6
  16. [​IMG]

Passion Fruit.
    About 20 days of veg left.
    Not my best effort due to COVID-19 but still impressive all the same.
    A bit over 7 ft tall so far.

BNW

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. my second passionfruit got mold in the buds fml. I still have some buds that are good from this plant so I will be smoking those. Lol the plant i already harvested has a really nice giggling high to it.
    20200714_074345.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Damn that sucks bro, at least you have some.

Do you know the cause? High humidity?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yea humidity hit a bit over 50 percent, also this plant has had problems the whole time luckily I was able to catch it before it got too bad. So I only really lost 2 nugs out of the whole plant.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Interesting.

Growing the same and had issues with nutes during Veg.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1