Company of heroes 2

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Subliminal Jazz, Apr 8, 2013.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29S_SaFn3YM]Company of Heroes 2: Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer (Official HD) - YouTube[/ame]

soooo stoked for this game. played a little bit of the beta at my friends house and its fuggin great. a lot of the features are inaccessible right now but soon enough it'll be out.

i love the idea of a WW2 style RTS. gunna get nice and baked for this one :smoking:

2. how come no one on GC is talking about this game?!? its amazingly awesome

i had a chance to get into the beta. been playing it all week. best RTS i've ever played, hands down. its only beta so there's a few bugs here and there but other then that its a solid game. huuuuge battles and epic landscapes.

my only gripe is you can't zoom out very far. i am loving it so far though.

3. Can you pause battles? I'm very new to strategy games, I've just started on Shogun 2. The only way I can do even half decent is if I pause the battle all of the time so that I can stop and think about what's happening.

I have the first Company of Heroes and I barely touched it, it was just way too hard and overwhelming. I fucking suck at strategy games. My brain just stops when there's loads going on on the screen.

4. yeah the first one is way harder then this one. that's for sure. but don't be mistaken, this game is a pretty big challenge.

you can go into the menu and pause it that way. but there is no in-game pause system where you can look at the whole battlefield paused. that would defeat the purpose of a REAL time strategy. :p

And i know what you mean man, strategy games aren't all that easy. but it makes it that much more rewarding when you win. Company of heroes 2 was very daunting at first, i had to take things very slowly and learn different uses for different things. the battles can go on from anywhere between 2-6 hours. sometimes more. i've had this game since monday and i've only completed 3 battles. lost one of them. but there's plenty of time for you to get your shit together and figure things out. there where a few times where i said "welp, im fucked" cos i didn't know wtf to do. then i managed to find a way to obliterate the other teams just by stickin to it instead of giving up.

just use strategies that people use in real life and you'll see some amazing shit happen. you can have quick, small firing squads keeping the enemy suppressed in a certain location. hidden mortar teams covering your firing squads if things get too hairy. have another squad flank in from the rear with heavy artillery and machine gun nests. effectively capturing multiple areas and wiping out a whole platoon of men if executed at the right time.

just play around with different ideas you have and your army will do the rest.

if you wanna try it out and you have a facebook, like the company of heroes 2 page, they might still be giving out beta keys! if they are i'll be more then happy to show you the awesomeness within. :smoking:

5. Thanks for the response man! I am finding with Shogun that the more I pause it to get a better feel of the game, the less I need to pause it, and it's infinitely more rewarding when you don't pause it!!

I'm up for playing with you. I've learnt most of Shogun by playing with a buddy. I might have given up if I was going at it alone.

My Steam profile name is ramsy66 (look for Potato, lol) if you wanna add me!

6. Im gonna be picking it up for sure. Love the first one, best rts since aoe II.

7. thanks for the thread.
    i'm gonna check pick this up when it comes out.
    i played the first CoH pretty competitively, but that was years ago haha.

i'm down to get a group going and team up :):hello::smoking:

8. This game is unbelievable. I'm liking the soviets.

9. Looking forward to trying this out tonight, the first was very fun!

10. Played the beta for about 20-30 hours with my buddy, really didn't live up to what I was hoping for. Snow storms were cool, so was the weather, and the soviets were a nice addition.  However, it was easily noticible that if you picked the wrong commander you were in an instant losing position.  At least the doctorine trees of the 1st offered a tad bit more of a ballance.

I understand that stuff was locked in the beta and all that but I did not see a clear reason to spend 50+ on CoH2 when the original CoH with expansions is still fucking great.  I'll join you down the road when it's 30 or with some expansions.  Fingers crossed for some Pacific theater action

i tried all the commanders. and the far superior, to me, was the one where you can call in air strikes.

I've been playing it on and off all week this week and i think its fucking great. actually have to plan how i'm going to do things. the campaign becomes a challenge by the 4th mission. I'm liking it a lot so far. takes a lot of time and planning. really hoping there's enough missions to get me ready for multiplayer cos i'm not too good right now.

it seems to take much more planning then your typical RTS. lots of resource management and mixing and matching squads that work good together. I never played the first COH so this feels new and awesome and innovative. I will definitely be playin this one a loooot.  :smoking: