Companion/symbiotic plants

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Mr. Marijuano, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Can anyone point me in this direction? I would like to do some research on companion plants that have insecticidal/repellant qualities. I am battling gnats, mites, and maybe even thrips that got in from my vegetable garden.

I would like some sort of small plant that I can put in each pot that will kill larvae or dissuade gnats from reproducing in it. I tried a clover cover but I’m seeing no effects after a week.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marigold plants planted by your plants are a good companion plant ...mac,

3. I have maybe a dozen in my vegetable garden but not seeing the effect I was hoping for. Maybe I should rustle them up a bit once a week to release oils and encourage growth?

• Like Like x 1
  4. they seem to work better when the suns out and its warm out ,helps the oils evaporate and smell comes out ,try some Lavender ..,mac,,

5. A top dress of EWC should help with the gnats.

6. Ewc? I have about 1.5” of perlite

7. This subject is best covered in its own book ...which I have since lost ....lol

indeed I have a whole army of plants and bugs working for me

Gerainiums, Daisies, are the most popular they work great on flying bugs

and neem oil does the hard work on the others

get a book its worth it

good luck

8. actually one year I accidentally planted on or near an ant nest and I believe they ate a lot of that shit..might wanna look into that? It’s called the kiss method. Lady bugs are most commonly used but these definitely aren’t plants as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum