Companion Plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Robin M.R., May 21, 2020.

1. I just recently learned about companion plants. Like sunflowers and lavender. Do they make a difference drawing away pest?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. beans grown in hot manure is the one for me

or even next to/with the weed

with ya scope you can actually see the (N) gems on the roots

so amazed as having read about it for years

companion plants like magnolias I like to keep bugs away with

and various strains of bamboo camos much weed

good luck

warning it can be a huge study ...lol

3. That's a great question because it would sure be great to not have to spray my plants with Neem once a week. I have also been told various types of mint help with that. I have 2 regular mint and 2 peppermint plants behind my ladies. I figure it couldn't hurt.

4. Mangola huh. Interesting!

I use marigolds, basil, nasturtiums, dill, coriander, zinnia

This year I will be adding lavender as well. Have some extra basil packets, will likely plant those in around the tomato's I'm companion cropped.

Last year I had the flowers spreadout the garden and perimeter and a herb patch, this year the herbs will likely be right there under the tomatos

5. Companion planting works! I use marigolds, nasturtium, rosemary, lemongrass, mint, basil and lavender. It creates a great array of aromas throughout the garden. Also most of these are said to repel snakes.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

6. It's not enough. Caterpillars are the biggest threat and only mosquito netting or spraying with BT works.
    I tossed out 4 pounds of what should have been my first big outside grow. It was completely infested with Caterpillars and they had shit all through it and every drop of shit forms mold and the entire crop was ruined.
    All the sunflowers right next to them were crawling with Catties as was the Cannabis.
    Spray every week and run a bug zapper close by.

[​IMG]

upload_2020-5-22_6-41-44.jpeg

Bacillus Thuringiensis (Bt)
    It is a bacterium not a chemical poison. It's destroyed by sunlight in a few hours so it needs to be applied weekly for best protection.
    Used extensively on Tomato crops and is Organic list for growing.

[​IMG]

BNW