Companion Planting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shirleybud, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Are there other plants that pakalolo likes to be grown with? Like peas love carrots and beets love kohlrabi. Plants that enhance the well being of dakine? :rolleyes:

2. Nettles are rumored to be a good companion plant, supposedly "strengthening others around them"....I've heard it speculated that they would benefit cannabis plants, but I don't think that's gonna work for you for some reason. :)

3. I've recently read that chamomile is a good companion for pakalolo or any oil or resin producing plant. Does anyone have any experience with chamomile? Any other plant companion possibilities? I'm going to try chamomile, I just happen to have several young plants going.

4. ive used just plain chamomile and a weed and chamomile mix and both are nice. it just makes you very relaxed when you use it alone, and when you mix it it also relaxes you but it also compliments the weed high.

5. Thank you barbie, I have chammomile growing in my pakalolo pots now so we shall see...I am also putting pots of smelly herbs like rosemary and citronella near by to distract bad boys like the moths and I am putting pots of wildflowers around to attract beneficial insects. What the heck, it's all fun. But my plants look great and no bugs. First plant is drying now. I'm fertilizing with pee and molasses and I think it is the organic way to go. I mix two seperate 5 gal. buckets, one with 2/3-3/4 gal. pee and 1 Tbsp. of organic blackstrap molasses for the younger plants, one with 1/4-1/3 gal pee and 2 Tbsp. molasses for the older flowering plants, (I vary the amounts depending upon the stage of growth of the plants) and I am fertilizing every 3-4 days, then later I plan to use all molasses to finish. I'm using rich bacterial based worm compost to build my own soil + lots of goodies like green sand, bat guano and a little egg shell tea.