Companion Planting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cannabis Kate, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Companion planting is the planting of different crops in proximity (in gardening and agriculture), on the theory that they assist each other in nutrient uptake, pest control, pollination and other factors necessary to increasing crop productivity. (From Wiki)

To all the gardeners out there dealing with pest probs, this is HUGE. When we section off any crop in the garden, we run into probs. That's just not how things grow in nature... I have been companion planting in my garden and have noticed some pretty amazing things... I've used Basil, which increased oil production, and made the buds near more flavorful and sticky. I've used and continue to use Spearmint as an aphid deterrent, which seems to have helped with the few scraglers that were hanging around. There are TONS and tons of companion plants that can help to solve real problems in the garden. Here is some info and a chart Wiki has List of companion plants - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Wiki also has a list of 'repellent plants' which is a list of plants that repel insects, plants, or other pests like nematodes, fungi, or animals List of repellent plants - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sounds much better than using chemicals to me:D

I saw this lady's video of Companion Planting and thought it was a nice example
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDBjhidaDg0]YouTube - Companion Plants[/ame]

2. Nice vid.

3. is there nothing that effects gnats?

4. Build a bat house.

5. I've heard Vanilla or Spearmint, they hate the smell...

6. cool stuff.

7. I use Spearmint in almost all of my grow beds:D
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_dn267M9dc]YouTube - Cannabis Kate's Indoor Hydro Garden[/ame]

8. hehehe nice ladies Kate ^^,

I dream some day i can get some like that in my grow im beginer still in first grow