Compact Flourescent?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fido111, Jan 19, 2006.

1. im about to start a 1 plant grow in my attic for my first time and was wondering if two 23w CFLs with reflectors, in a 1.5x1.5x4.0 (LxWxH) box would be enough to just grow the plant, the bud doesnt have to be great (although that would be nice) and I dont really care how much i get, i just want to see if it will grow to maturity and flower.

2. right now i'm growing one plant under five 23 watt daylight cfls, but I plan to add one more once the second seed breaks through its shell (taking a little while, may not, oh well). But anyways, I've been doing alot of research lately since I don't exactly have the right conditions for an hps grow at the moment and if you look on www.overgrow.com 's forums, you'll find plenty of guys "micro-cabbing" most of which consist of cfl grows. I recommend checking it out.

I think you can start out a plant under two lights and start veg, but I recommend at least adding a few more cfls. Make sure they're real close, I took my plant an inch down and it started stretching like within the day . . .