Comp Help please

Discussion in 'General' started by IL_Duce, Aug 2, 2004.

1. this is a question to the people who can tell me if my comp will be able to run Doom 3, im pretty sure it will but i want ot know b4 i buy it. here my specs

AMD 2800xp
    1GB 3200 Ram
    ATI 9800pro

those are really the only things i need to list i think. thnx for the help and if i didnt list enough let me know

2. It should run it ok. Here's a list of minimum specifications:

2GHz CPU or equiv Athlon

512MB of RAM

Radeon 9800/GeForce FX 5600 and up

The following graphics cards are all supported by Doom 3: GeForce 3/4/4MX/FX/6800 + ATI Radeon 8500/9000/9200/9500/9600/9700/9800/x800

3. What he said. Of course it'll run Doom 3. Doom 3 needs a beast of a computer, but you have one.

4. No it doesn't

and yes, you're good to go.

5. I call that a beast of a computer. Your choices are to build one or buy a really expensive prebuilt computer. Regular prebuilts like HP and Dell lack the proper graphics card to run Doom 3. Hell, I'm sitting here on an old 700Mhz Celeron with Integrated graphics and SDRAM. The minimum specs for Doom 3 needs a beast of a computer to me.

6. 2800+ aint a bad chip, same one i use...

what are you talking about, dells not having enough graphical power to run doom3?? thats kind of a general statement to make, eh? they have many machines that run radeon 9800 pros. ever looked at the xps systems? they have state-of-the-art everything...

7. Ok, Dell was a bad example since they really aren't prebuilt. You can't run down to your local walmart and buy a Dell. When you get a Dell you have the choice to customize everything. What I meant by prebuilt is the machines you may find sitting on display at Circuit City. Alienware doesn't count since it falls into what I've already mentioned as expensive prebuilts.

8. btw, the XPS series run for over $2000, which is definately classified in the expensive category.

9. Yea man, your PC will be fine. My PC is a P$ 2.2 Ghz, 512 RDRam, and a Ti 4200. Im getting the game tomorrow, I just preordered it a few hours ago. Im also buying a 9800Pro sometime next week. :)

10. hahaha man..i never know when mine get deleted cause I forget half the shit I write on here...I prolly won't remember this in a couple of days!!

Fight the power luke!!

11. good i had a feeling that my comp could run but i wanted to know forsure b4 i pay 60bucks for a game.