community college problem

Discussion in 'General' started by AhTee, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Its getting way to easy for me to ditch class. Its been almost a week and a half now since ive been in class. Ive been bad at school since 7th grade, and this is my first year of college. I BARELY passed high school every year. I feel if I took xanny everyday for school, learning would be easier. Ive had anxiety and attention problems my whole life. I think my teachers might start dropping me, BUT I MIGHT FAIL IT ANYWAYS.

Maybe next semester off to work and fine a good job for some cash, then go back to schhool next year.
    -I dont study
    -I rarely ever do homework

Ive dug myself deep in a hole...i just dont know....

2. Well to be honest it sounds like you have no one to blame but yourself. Hopefully it was your money you wasted and not your parents. College is expensive and unlike highschool it actually counts and your history will follow you. Just think twice before putting some more money down for classes.

3. im not trying to blame anyone else, i know what im doing lol. but thanks....

4. College, like a lot of other things, requires you put the time into it. If you're not putting the time into learning the material, then you might as well not go, ever.

5. College isn't for everyone. If you don't want to go to school, don't go. Just make sure that you actually like doing whatever you decide to do. Nobody can force you to give a shit and nobody can figure anything out for you.

6. My mom did a year of it and dropped out, works 8-5, and says she regrets it, BUT SHE DOES ACCOUNTANT work so yeah lol.

My dad didnt finish high school, and does construction. I just dont wanna be miserable in the future....I want my own little crib, with a lil dude running around, and a beautiful woman. But I want to be able to support when it comes down to it.

7. #7 meddlehaze, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2010
    You should start goin to school bro. Community colleges require students to be in their classes for a certain number of hours. I'm pretty sure it's a lot of hours too.

Just suck it up and start goin man. You don't wanna just throw this part of your life away like that. My parents made that mistake and while theres some people that have been successful without college, education is a very very valuable thing.

I wouldn't suggest taking other drugs to relieve stress. Just smoke pot dude, go to your classes sober because that is really the best way to learn. Unless you can concentrate for 2 hours while your high... :smoke:

good luck

EDIT: Just because you don't enjoy something doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. A lot of GREAT things have come out of doing unenjoyable tasks like the Eiffel Tower (probably wasn't a JOY to make that), The pyramids (again that probably wasn't fun) That advice is the worst advice to listen to man. You see my point? Go to school and get your education. It's honestly the best thing right now and for the future of this worlds economy.

8. I would start looking for a job if i were you or something.

Your not that much in the hole, fucking up for a semester in community college doesnt really mean anything, first of all class's arent expensive and you could always retake failed courses next semester...that is if you decide to stay in school.

I would think about it alot, i remeber the last time i made a big decision like this i fucked up and chose the wrong way, but it worked out for me in the end.

Things will work out man, just put in the effort and energy into what you want to achieve.

9. its bigger than that though. maybe adderal. i just CANT process all this bullshit in my memory at one time.

10. You should definitely get tested for adderall though. I'm taking a drug class right now and it's very dangerous to take it if you're not prescribed it. Smoking weed has been known to effect some memory processing, so maybe cut down a little? Idk man, I just say don't drop outta school. You could easily regret that in the future.

Read my edit on my first reply

11. Yea but like, they knew what they were making, and new the result was gonna be huge. People get degrees all the time and still cant find a damn job. Im starting to think about taking culinary. Make a restaurant, and a rap mixtape :p.

im pretty boss with the words freestyling, real talk

12. Have you ever thought that college was not for you? Have you thought about going to a trade school were you work with your hands, instead of sitting in a boring lecture you pay no attention to.

13. 24/7...:rolleyes:

im really starting to debate it, idk....

14. then take some courses on culinary and business. open that shit up man. my grandpa did that. then he was a musician. that's ironic

15. Whenever I think about ditching a class I just think... that's 60 dollars I'm throwing away by not going.

16. you sound exactly like me.

I had anxiety issues involving school and I skipped my entire first year of classes (going maybe a dozen times a semester). It's NOT worth it. I failed out twice and have huge debt and nothing to show. First thing you need to do is get the mental issues in check. Easier said than done, I know.

I would not suggest xanax as a means of this. I was prescribed it for some time and soon found I was always anxious and it made things easier, so I always took it. You will not learn high on the stuff all the time.

It is the events that you mentioned that led me to my alcoholism. If school isn't your thing by all means peruse something else. Just don't drag out something that will bring you nothing.

Best of luck sir.

17. more like my parents, which is worse. but i know ill leave the class with nothing just like i did in school since 7th grade, and i just seem not to give a fuck.

18. Agreed. Adderall can do wonders for the right person, but get a prescription from a doc. Don't go buying it off the streets.

Study and go to school now, get that shit out of the way. Get your career rolling, then kick back, relax, and smoke as much as you want. That's what I ended up doing. Busting your ass in a dead end job for 30 years and hating life just because you couldn't pull it together for a few years and finish college will be something you will regret for the rest of your life. Four years of school might seem like a lot now, but shit... It's only community college. Next time you're in class, take a look around at some of the people in your class and ask yourself, "Do these people really have something that I don't? If they can pass this class, I can too." If your community college is anything like mine, then most of the students there don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Dumber than a bag of hammers. But they stuck with it and graduated, which motivated me to do the same.

Seriously, it's not hard. You just have to go and stick with it. What's the alternative? The odds of you getting lucky and landing a sweet job making tons of money with no experience and no education are, realistically, zero. You have to earn that shit, man. Once you're past age 16 or 17 you just have to grow up and be a man. You won't get shit for free, and your parents (if they ever helped you out) will be done soon. Nobody else is going to do it for you.

Don't mean to sound all preachy and shit, but this is life advice from lessons hard learned. Once you're out on your own, there's nobody looking out for you but you. You gotta bust your ass and earn the things you want, because I promise that nobody else is going to throw shit your way out of kindness.

A couple years of college is just the first step down the road of learning to be self sufficient. I wouldn't count on getting lucky as a rapper or sports hero or movie star or any other one in a million get rich quick schemes.

College can even be fun. Just stick with it.

19. You guys dont know how much I appreciate all your pep talks and such, thank you. seriously

Lil B tell these people how I FEEL [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwkg4Qa_-bg]YouTube - Lil B - We Are The World (MOST POSITIVE SONG EVER MADE!!!)[/ame]

20. I would look into a trade school. There are plenty of trades that make very good money. 60 - 100k per year.