Communist Manifesto

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by 2313, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Have any of you blades read the Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx? He basically asserts that's history has just been a long series of class confkicts. The ruling class is a very small percentage of the population that owns the means of production. They are in continuous class struggle with the working class. He basically views history as just a transition of on going class struggles between the oppressasorand the oppressed. When the working rises up against the ruling class and a revolution takes place. I think this can clearly be applied to current trends today, wealth inequality is ever increasing as our society  becomes increasingly polarized. The middle class is disappearing as society becomes divided into rich and poor. Marx says that the ruling class maintains controls through advances in the means of production. Workers become increasingly devalued as machinery simplifies tasks. This means low wages and increased competition for low skill jobs. The ruling class is ever prone to capitalistic crises when production exceeds demand. This leads to either the market finding a more efficient way to allocate resources (unlikely) or they conquest New markets (likely). This leads to even the poorest countries entangled within the global capitalistic economy, these countries are forced to embrace the system of our "free market" economy and thus the ruling class. I personally believe a strong central government is required to maintain control over our immense economy. Business must be regulated because they will sacrifice quality products and safety for profits. The apathy in this country is amazing, every body complains but no one ever unites and protests. This year's congress was literally the second worst ever, thankfully the house Republicans are fed up with the Tea Party. They really do discredit the entire party when they listen to those wackos. But yeah that's just my baked take on it, I can't remember what this post is even about anymore lol