communicating vegetative and flowering room

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NNorthernlight, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Hi... straightforward question.... in the same room can I have both vegetative and flowering room? of course divided by a panel so that the light is kept at the different needs but.... can I share the same temp and humidity for both?

2. you would essentially be dividing that one "room", into 2 rooms. But it will work, just no light leaks and you'll be fine. :)

3. #3 TANKJR, Dec 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2010
    Yep it should work if no light leaks, but you might want to compromise on the humidity...maybe keep it around 50%rh...You don't want to encourage budrot.

I say this because I veg at a higher humidity than I flower...50 to 70rh in veg and 30-50rh flower....lower humidity in flower will help prevent bud mold forming as the buds tighten up.
    I also run lower temps in flower, but it's not necessary, I do it to keep the stink down.

4. yeah, this is a good point that slipped my mind earlier.

5. nice one... thanks a lot guys...:wave:

6. so... what would be the temp you would settle for?? from the info I gathered a good compromise is around 27 celsius ( 81 F).... :wave:

7. Yea, that would work...I veg at 78F and flower at 72F or 22C to 26C...27 should be ok. If it gets too stinky, drop the temps some.

8. I agree, I keep my temps the same as this with humidity 60-75% for veg and under 50% in flower

9. once again, i have to agree with TANKJR :wave:
    75-79f is a good range to get inside of during veg, and 70-74ish, is what has worked best for me in flowering. it's really the humidity (RH), that has a slightly bigger need for change from veg to flower, and no, i'm not proposing this because i am one of those who drop their RH, to try and promote "purple" out of the buds. It's a preventative measure against mold, bud rot, etc, and flowering plants need less RH than vegging plants, that are still establishing the root system you desire, more perspiration is needed (in veg). :)

10. here is a simple chart of the process, as it might be irrelevant to you, i believe you may be able to perhaps obtain some knowledge of how plants perspire.

Attached Files:

11. High mcinnc! :wave: :D Nice tomato chart! High mcinnc? I am....

12. i don't follow, but okay... :wave:

13. I was just high and waving at ya...wondering if you were, too. I thought you were waving at me...but I mighta been seeing things...I was pretty high. I do that occasionally... :D seein things...