Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Common Protocol for Dealing?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ben Jammin, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Hello, I'm Ben. Kind of a redundant statement, but I like to be friendly.

Anyways, I'm new to buying marijuana. I just recently got connected to a really helpful and friendly dealer who I have been very satisfied to do business with. The problem is that, being new to all of this, my friends made a point to tell me that I sometimes don't pick up on certain protocol during deals. One of the most painfully obvious times being that once I took out a twenty from my wallet while I was walking up to his car and handed it to him through his rolled down car window without any attempt to conceal it.

So I wanted to ask, whats the best protocol or proper precautions for when buying marijuana from someone, that provides the utmost discretion so that I don't put my dealer in a difficult position, and also allows me to be courteous and civil towards my dealer. Just in case there were any other obvious rules that I might have missed.

2. i dont know if this is following grasscity forum rules.

but just make sure you conceal your money and see your medical marijuana dealer and see the product first.

just make sure you have ur med card ready and then let him present it and if your kool with it give him the money

3. #3 falacy, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
    deleted by me

4. Ironic that I posted a topic asking about how to be discreet while buying marijuana, and I didn't consider how indiscreet the post itself is. lol

If anyone at GC sees the post as innappropriate please remove it. My bad :(

Also, thank you for the advice falacy. Good tips.

5. You right like your a lawyer

Kinda sticks out lol

6. Force of habbit I'm afraid lol. But if anyone is incredibly annoyed by anything I write, then I'd be glad to know so I might become a better source of conversation. :)

7. Ask to get into the car..if he says yes then get in. Have him drop you off down the street after turning atleast once to get out of view. Only safe way.

just be like "mind if I get in" And "cool if you drive down the street. Your bringing him money so I think its reasonable to ask.

8. try smoking a joint before you post on here, you stick out like a sore thumb :smoking:

9. I thoroughly enjoyed reading his post, it was really refreshing to have not only proper grammar, but a kind of formal feeling about it, seemed to be respectful and courteous in style.

From my experiences, it seems that it is common protocol for a dealer to invite you into their car if they are in a visible place and drive around with you for a minute and dropping you off. Though if the provider doesn't invite you in, or you don't think they want you in their car at the moment, just attempt to hide that you are holding money, walking up to the car and then walking away stuffing something in your pocket.
    My favorite way to hold something small(and can be done with money) that I don't want people to know I am holding it is by holding it in your palm by just by folding in your thumb, and keeping the rest of your fingers extended. Then walk up to the car like you are just leaning in their window to talk and then just slide your thumb up to your fingertips to hand it to him while your hand is in the car and out of outsiders' sight, take the bag and palm it the same way with your thumb(assuming it is just a small bag)
    Though it is best not to make deals in public view, especially because either you take a big risk and look at it where people can see you, or you don't look at it and you don't know what you are getting.

10. Advice: Ask the dealer what HIS common protocol is.

ie:"hey, i know youre trying to be discrete, so just let me know where you want to meet me and ill be there."

Or anything else along that line, such as asking if its cool if he hops into your car or you into his, etc.

11. Since when is proper grammar frowned upon? I'd much rather read a well put together post, then have an entire chunk of paragraph, like most people write on here. Quit giving him shit for using his brain, thats ridiculous.

12. ok first of all, never look at the bag untill the dealers gone. and if at all possible, pay them up front, that way your less likely to get ripped off. :rolleyes:

13. i say your best bet is to talk to your dealer about how he likes to do business. this way your dealer wont mind meeting up with you cuz he knows you know the ropes. obviously, use common sense too. dont flaunt your cash or act sketchy.
    as far as safety and discretion goes, try to avoid deals in public places or in cars at all. if you are comfortable going to your dealers house or with them coming to you then thats the way to go.
    its not all about the actual exchanging of money and product, though. there are some things you should do before you strike a deal. it would be smart for you to inspect the herb before you hand over the money, and have the dealer weigh it out for you in front of you. also asking your dealer to sample the product before you buy it is perfectly acceptable. any respectable dealer will do this. all of these things are accomplished much easier when you are in a private setting, so i stress that you avoid meeting in public and rushed deals.
    a few more tips.. have your money counted out (exact change, please!) and ready before you meet up. have it in your pocket so you dont have to pull out your whole wallet. however, do not hand over the money until you have seen the product and are satisfied with what you will be getting.
    all of these tips will help you in the long run.. keep them in mind and you will be less likely to get ripped off and also you will gain respect from your dealer.

14. damn i need folks like you..lol get money up front and i will just put oregano in the bag cause you wont look anyway..

do the complete opposite to not get ripped off...lol
    look at what ur getting and dont hand cash out without something hitting ur hand..

15. lol im sorry i thought i made it obvious enough that i was being sarcastic...im not QUITE that stupid..:p maybe a little close tho haha

16. I dont think I have ever done a deal through a car window before, but just be discrete about it and handing him the money just kinda lean in teh window and pretend like you are getting directions or something. That is if he doesnt want you to get into his car.

17. you just have to chill, dont look stressed and dont look around while walking towards the dealer. smoke a cigarette with him, get in his car/he gets in yours, whatever.. just look natural and youll be good :)

18. Well maybe you should start by trying to buy a little more than twenty dollars worth, you really can't expect much service for these amounts. ;)

19. you did i was laughing my ass off but this guy prob didnt get it..lol

20. well now when he gets ripped off, hell think thatsn how it normally works and hell be happy with it! ignorance is bliss? ha